NOLF (No One Lives Forever) tech help

CelesteGB

Watchhamster
Hey All,

I've re-installed NOLF on my laptop and I'm having issues with rendering water. WhenI jump in, the screen goes black. I've been doing some research and have found that the game has issues with certain Intel GPU's. I've tried changing the game to use my Radeon card, but no luck.

Did anyone else have this problem and manager to solve it?

Thanks in advance! :)

Celeste

Hey there! :)

I have nothing helpful - just disappointment that WB has blocked the re-release of these games to digital platforms. I still have my CD copies around, but haven't played lately because I have no PC with a built-in optical drive! :(

Hey Mike!

I'm going to see how it works on my PC, instead of my laptop. I'll be very cranky if I'm unable to play. I had gotten into the groove and my 13 year-old son kept saying, "Mom, you're scaring me" as I nailed those shots :D

I got myself NOLF 2 and Contract J.A.C.K. as a Christmas present.
Have a look at this video:
NOLF Revival HD

Yeah, I saw that Nolf revival mentioned on the GOG forums. The problem is that it's a .TK domain. I would never DL anything with that address; they're notorious for phishing and malware. Be warned.

I checked out the site, and it seems legit. There are regular download mirrors as well as a torrent. No popups or anything suspicious looking. I downloaded both games, and I'll let you know the results when I have time to test them on my rig.

I'm curious too. So far I haven't DLed the games.

Two of my favourite shooters - I still have the original boxes, but have never tried getting them going again.
I dloaded the versions linked to, but I think I'll wait to see if JDR's computer explodes ;)

I hope the co-op still works in NOLF2.

Well I installed NOLF 1, and it runs flawlessly. It plays in widescreen without any issues, and you can choose whatever resolutions your monitor supports. I'm playing in 1920x1200. It looks as good as it could considering it's age. The only drawback is how small the UI becomes at the higher res. *Edit* That's in Windows 10 btw.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 37
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
The revival page is where I got my current copy. ;) I can't find my original, but I did find the soundtrack :p I installed it on my computer downstairs and copied all the save files from my laptop and my water is now water! :D

Now to go wallow again in NOLF! I

Well I installed NOLF 1, and it runs flawlessly. It plays in widescreen without any issues, and you can choose whatever resolutions your monitor supports. I'm playing in 1920x1200. It looks as good as it could considering it's age. The only drawback is how small the UI becomes at the higher res. *Edit* That's in Windows 10 btw.

Yeah, 1920x1200 is too tiny for me. I must be getting old ;)

OK ... good news and bad news. Good news is I have them both installed. More good news is I can play NOLF 2 without issue.

Bad news is that NOLF 1 consistently crashes on launch (MFC App Stopped Working). Ugh - have crashed NOLF 2 once as well. My assumption is because I'm using a dual-GPU Alienware laptop (discrete AND integrated), the system is getting confused, or maybe something in the driver is unhappy or something. Oh well ... I will fiddle around, but somehow playing NOLF2 is more fun than fiddling with drivers :)

OK … good news and bad news. Good news is I have them both installed. More good news is I can play NOLF 2 without issue.

Bad news is that NOLF 1 consistently crashes on launch (MFC App Stopped Working). Ugh - have crashed NOLF 2 once as well. My assumption is because I'm using a dual-GPU Alienware laptop (discrete AND integrated), the system is getting confused, or maybe something in the driver is unhappy or something. Oh well … I will fiddle around, but somehow playing NOLF2 is more fun than fiddling with drivers :)

I had that problem initially, but I would have to use "troubleshoot compatibility mode" each time. I have an Alienware with dual GPU's and my issue arose when I hit the water area. Hopefully, your Intel GPU won't have an issue with water, which you'll find out in the first mission in Morocco.

Looks great!

Back
Top Bottom