Looking for a Wizard/Mage game

grauhase

Traveler
Hello!
This is my first message here! :)

I'm looking for a good game that is focused mainly on magic, where u develope your character from scratches and as u lvl up or whatever you gain new spells and stuff.

You use wands, staffs or something like that. Grimoires, crystall balls, black cats, etc... lol.. But the game play mainly focused on pure magic. A game like where you live in a magic academy or alone in a tower for example. Where you can learn new spells and train and stuff like that, where you have quests or not, you fight dragons or monsters, etc... a game where u fulfill a wizard/mages life.

A first person game would be great but if not thats ok (i just don't like plataform games)... Don't need to have amazing graphics as long as its not a 10 years old game...

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

In pretty much all RPG fantasy games you have an option to play as a mage or some other class.

Thus I'm not sure what exactly are you searching for. :(
Can you please explain it a bit more?

In pretty much all RPG fantasy games you have an option to play as a mage or some other class.

Thus I'm not sure what exactly are you searching for. :(
Can you please explain it a bit more?

Ok I will try...but my english is quite limited... :/

Yeah...i know u can play as a caster/mage/wizard in all the RPG fantasy games...but im looking for a game where u fullfill the role of a mage and all the gameplay is around it...meaning u dont have other classes to choose from, for example...not as dumb as a Harry Potter game, but something with the same core idea, just more polished/hard/creative/advanced...lol

Well you might want to look at the Master of Magic and Age of Wonders II and it's sequel.

You main character is a mage who spends most of his time in a tower learning new spells and directing his armies. A lot of the actions is turn based strategy to defeat other wizard factions and their towns, so it may not be exactly what you are looking for.

Hello!
This is my first message here! :)

I'm looking for a good game that is focused mainly on magic, where u develope your character from scratches and as u lvl up or whatever you gain new spells and stuff.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

Well, you're in luck as there is just such a game that exists, exactly as you have described wanting:

Avencast: Rise of the Mage

The website is rather poor for info, but its a great game you'll probably enjoy a great deal. Its a 3rd person dungeon crawler like game, but you play as a Mage that is a student of a Magic Academy. I believe is starts off as you about to take your initial testing to prove yourself or graduate to the next level or something…been awhile since I played it.

Tons of exploration, a fairly good story and a rather long/huge game. Here are some screens/videos for ya too:

Storyline Intro
Gameplay Video

Buy it here on Steam for $9.99

2895-1-avencast-rise-of-the-mage.jpg

936full-avencast%3A-rise-of-the-mage-screenshot.jpg

20080619161542.jpg

avencast_april_16___1_.jpg

You can play in the Realms Of Arcania series as a mage, too. There is even typical "magical" ( ;) ) equipment there.
The graphics, however, are very much outdated, compared to today's standard(s).

I supposr DA:O might fit the bill if you wish to play it solo.

Well, you're in luck as there is just such a game that exists, exactly as you have described wanting:

Avencast: Rise of the Mage

The website is rather poor for info, but its a great game you'll probably enjoy a great deal. Its a 3rd person dungeon crawler like game, but you play as a Mage that is a student of a Magic Academy. I believe is starts off as you about to take your initial testing to prove yourself or graduate to the next level or something…been awhile since I played it.

Tons of exploration, a fairly good story and a rather long/huge game. Here are some screens/videos for ya too:

Storyline Intro
Gameplay Video

Buy it here on Steam for $9.99

Good call. It's even cheaper at Amazon as a download for $4.69 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1TMNVTY7GFKE9AD585EY

Thanks a lot for all the replies… this seems to be a great forum with very helpful ppl!

Khalus, i guess thats exactly what i was looking for..i´ll give a try and tell u guys later my opinion about the game!

The Age Of Wonders games have similarities to Master Of Magic. Fans call MOM as the "spiritual predecessor" to AOW.

In the drakensang games you can play a mage, too.
But I cannot say inhowfar they would fit to your needs.

Geneforge 1 - 5 Awesome games with tons of magic in it….well maybe not tons, but unique summons :) In Geneforge 3 I believe you start off in a tower, but you don't stay there for very long.

Well, it isn't an RPG and it doesn't quite make the ten year cut but Sacrifice has the best high level spells I've ever seen in a video game. You DO develop your mage according to which diety you pick to back on any given mission.

Well, it isn't an RPG and it doesn't quite make the ten year cut but Sacrifice has the best high level spells I've ever seen in a video game. You DO develop your mage according to which diety you pick to back on any given mission.

OMG! I LOVE Sacrifice ...its one of the best games ever... and so ... ... unique!
It's an 11 yo game!
They should make a 'Sacrfice 2' or at least try to remake the game with updated technology...would be great!!!

I once tried to play Sacrifice - I really tried to, but I couldn't proceed further than 1 or 2 missions after the tutorial … I always had the suspicion that I had not understand or overlooked something important ...

But apart from that .- I liked the game. :) At least its tutorial ! ;)

A lot of good suggestions here. Not a lot to mention really, but I can add a few:
- The wizard path in Nox is fairly interesting.
- Playing a Magician in Gothic can be quite satisfying.
- Morrowind has a lot of magic specific stuff if you ally yourself with the mage guild + the magic based House.

None of them really fit the description you're after, but they all offer somewhat unique mage experiences. Far more than just being a character class.

Edit: Oh, and welcome! :)

Back
Top Bottom