Earthlock - Remake launched

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
A remake of the Adventure RPG Earthlock: Festival of Magic has been launched on Steam and GOG - it is free for all owners of the previous version:

Launch time!

Languages
EARTHLOCK will launch in English and Japanese first, the rest will be patched in as soon as possible. We are in the process of getting it translated to all the following languages. Here is the list:

• English (Default)
  • Japanese (Default)
  • Norwegian (Completed - done in house TBA)
  • German (TBA)
  • French (TBA)
  • Spanish (TBA)
  • Italian (TBA)
  • Polish (TBA)
  • Arabic (TBA)
  • Chinese (Complete re-translation TBA)
  • Russian (New TBA)
  • Brazilian Portuguese (New TBA)
DLCs
We will be adding 2 DLCs in the next few days.

• Sound Track
  • In-Game Comic Book
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

LOL
And I've mentioned the disappointing trash with horrible UI today...

To balance Joxer, I had a lot of fun with this one, playing it through to completion. It is a nice turn-based RPG with some interesting party combinations and skill system, although I suspect designed with a controller in mind (I played the Xbox version which was a welcome game-with-gold perk - probably my favourite game-with-gold surprise).

To be honest, I'm not really sure why it needed a remake since it seemed fine as was (would have much preferred a sequel or expansion). But, if you've not tried it, and have any interest in turn-based RPGs, it is definitely worth a look. However, it probably falls more on the JRPG style of things (you don't make your own character(s)).

I kept meaning to play this one, and now I see what looks like to be a completely new version in my steam library. I really need to at least give it a shot, hopefully soonish.

"Awsome" news for those who didn't buy this… this… mushroomrama?

Demo is now available on Steam:
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/demo-for-adventure-3d-rpg-earthlock-is-now-available-on-steam/

In case someone didn't read what I wrote before.
Earthlock is the only game I backed on Kickstarter where I got utterly disappointed with. It's not just outdated design decisions (respawns, checkpoints, etc) - UI on PC felt worse than spanish inquisition torture. Kickstarter was IMO misleading, I've expected a game for PC but received yucky mushrooms port instead.

Maybe they "fixed" the game in the meantime, can't know as I've uninstalled it fast. Check it yourself and try the demo.

From my gmailbox:

pic.jpg

The official page is: https://www.snowcastlegames.com/

I didn't change my mind. The game is an atrocious controls bullshit on PC and a rare KS project I regretted backing. If you want to buy it halfprice on consoles now, be my guest just don't buy the PC port.

I did play the original last summer I believe it was. It was ok, I doubt I'd replay it and yeah, the controls were lunky and lack-luster at best. Took me quite a bit of time to even get even close to comfortable with the game.

Back
Top Bottom