Completely stuck in 9th Dawn

I can only comment about the IOS version of Exiled Kingdoms but it was like trying to play a fast paced action RPG with Fallout 1 movement and animations. Swinging swords underwater and choppy at that. Has a horrible tactile feel to it. And the resolution is clearly for phones. On my iPad pro 12.9 the avatar is about 2" tall and the resolution is clearly way off. The animations and feel isn't important for some RPG's like Fallout 1 but in an action RPG the action and feel is job #1. That's why I like 9Th Dawn better. Maybe the Steam version is a different animal? I'd be interested to see some gameplay video. Can you take some capture?

I can only comment about the IOS version of Exiled Kingdoms but it was like trying to play a fast paced action RPG with Fallout 1 movement and animations. Swinging swords underwater and choppy at that. Has a horrible tactile feel to it. And the resolution is clearly for phones. On my iPad pro 12.9 the avatar is about 2" tall and the resolution is clearly way off. The animations and feel isn't important for some RPG's like Fallout 1 but in an action RPG the action and feel is job #1. That's why I like 9Th Dawn better. Maybe the Steam version is a different animal? I'd be interested to see some gameplay video. Can you take some capture?

Already did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amyhn_skBv8&t=1155s

The resolution is low and the animations suck but that doesn't mean much to me in these games. It hearkens back to stuff like Sacred 1 and Diablo to me, which is cool, and it has more "RPG stuff" like skill checks in dialogue, various factions, choices & consequences, etc..

Love it when you absentmindedly start humming the music Fluent :) Cracks me right up

I'm guessing a lot of people gave it a pass based on initial reviews and expectations that it was mechanically like Divine Divinity. Hardcore fans can kill a game so easily and its really short sighted. The game may have been better off under a different name. The other two mistakes that Larian made I think was showing screenshots and talking about randomly generated dungeons. Ironically that is just side content to bolster XP. The true main world is hand crafted. You wouldn't know that unless you tried playing the thing. Thats a real tragedy for Beyond Divinity and Larian owns that for marketing like morons.

It also had a real cool intro, almost reminiscent of Jeff Vogel stuff being in a dungeon with a sidekick lol and trying to figure out a way out if I remember.

Back
Top Bottom