Tortured Hearts NWN mod

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
To the folks who have played Tortured Hearts: did you finish this monster? If so, with what type of character? I've played the first few areas of this mod with several characters and found the rogue to be the best choice by far; at least in the early areas. TH1 has a ton of XP to be given through dialogue. Unfortunately, only the rogue class gets enough skill points/level and has conversation options as part of his class skills. I played as a rogue and as a cleric for the first 6 levels. The rogue was able to reach level 6 in about 2 hours, the cleric took almost a full day of play to reach the same level. Why? The rogue also is able to pick locks and open chests with ease. A cleric is out of luck if he can't bash open a chest with his mace, which happens about 90% of the time.
I've also played a paladin and a fighter, both have the same success as a cleric.

The game is great fun if you decide to play as a rogue. I'd highly suggest this class if you are an impatient gamer. I'm pretty patient but I'm thinking of at least creating a dual class rogue/whatever to access all the goodies that come the rogue's way.

If anyone has finished, do you get a rogue npc? I tried to dual-class one of my henchmen, but he never took rogue skills on level ups.

That's one of the things I dislike so much about single player RPG's. You either are stuck on a specific tract for your character type (and often they only really think out one type) or you have to play some massive generalist so that you can handle anything that comes your way and end up as a jack of all trades but master of none.

Unless they're really well done, in which case you'll get a different, but equally rewarding, experience with different character builds and other choices you make. Called "replayability." (Example: VtM:B.)

Yeah, I guess I just haven't come across many that are really, really well done!

I like the concept of replayability, but in practice, I hardly ever take advantage of it. I'd rather get it all at once!

Back
Top Bottom