DA:O SPOIL THREAD - How beat an Ogre with 1 ranger?

Dragon Age: Origins

Dasale

SasqWatch
Mage Tower, dream part involved by demon of laziness. I already explored a bit and get 2 morph, mouse and spirit. In the area Nightmare of the Templeman, I already explored a part and now I have the possibility to transform in a mouse and reach another part of this area.

I arrive in a room with an Ogre. I have two choices, arrive in sneak state or not. If I change to normal form I won't be able to change in sneak state because the fight state will be started.

I can't use my ranger summons, I can't seriously beat the Ogre with my ranger alone, or can I? The spirit form seems better suited to fight the Ogre but it's extremely tedious if even possible. If I attempt fight I won't only face the Ogre but also an Abomination.

I have lost confidence in designers of this game so I'm lazy to search actively this.

Any suggestion?

Thanks, I "knew" I wasn't on the right path but I lost a bit faith in the game and feel lazy to search. :-/

Now it's four mages in a room, I have now the torch morph. Well I suppose it's again a wrong way. I get more and more tired of this game.

I bet the design team of this game think they are emperors or CRPG game design but the more I play it the more I feel the game play sucks as much than it is good. There's the very good and the very bad.

EDIT: Well I got them by using the torch morph, not my first attempt as a torch. One of the problems I have with the game (that's very specific to myself) is that fights get me tired. Turn based I would most probably enjoyed it much more.

As it is I feel lazy and die at plenty fights then try again but think only a bit more then many time I win at second try and if not I try again. When playing King's Bounty, each fight move is a pleasure to think, here it bores me.

EDIT2: And that is totally weird because I'm the first to complain that most modern CRPG didn't polished enough the difficulty to setup a high enough difficulty level, not to much but to avoid be too easy. But I don't know what's the problem with DAO, if there is any or if it's just me who's now too old, but I feel something is very wrong with DAO... or with me with DAO!

Last edited:
One of the problems I have with the game (that's very specific to myself) is that fights get me tired. Turn based I would most probably enjoyed it much more.

The game does have a pause function.... ;)

Really there's a pause? ;) Well I suppose even hit the pause get me tired in DAO. :biggrin:

I watch at it and it seems it's more that I don't anticipate well the fights and replay them don't really require much more thinking it's just that the second play I know much better what are the dangers. I don't die at every fights but sometimes it's very often.

Well at least I have finished the mage tower! The nightmare section is a good one I can't deny it despite all the troubles I got in it.

EDIT: And in the nightmare section I died more often most probably because there's only one character so no buffer from using a team.

Back
Top Bottom