The Mystery Scene Game

I've never even heard of most of these!! :)

Sammy's obscure one's are losing me ... most of the rest I knew, but too late ...

Mystery Scene #40

Yep, Sammy's clips are toughies. If you don't spend an unhealthy amount of time with the likes of Roger Corman, Ed D. Wood Jr., and Hammer Studios, Sam's posts are probably unknowable. I'm just dreading the moment he decides to leave the low-budget horror film genre! :faint:

Too easy, but I have to go with what I like. Mystery Scene #40

Last edited:
I am a citizen of the now, with a commanding view
I've seen so many of the Hammer films and others of that kind, I can't keep them all straight in memory anymore! Kind of like James Bond movies, they all blur together over time.

Yep, and it's not just the Hammer films, there were so many various Italian and French productions from roughly the same period. With a shot like Sam's recent one, it could be one out of hundreds of thousands! My first thought was that it was from a Jean Rollin film but not quite right for his stuff.

Yep, Sammy's clips are toughies. If you don't spend an unhealthy amount of time with the likes of Roger Corman, Ed D. Wood Jr., and Hammer Studios, Sam's posts are probably unknowable. I'm just dreading the moment he decides to leave the low-budget horror film genre! :faint:

Too easy, but I have to go with what I like. Mystery Scene #40

Rosemary's Baby?

dangit, you beat me Gamer Dad. That's Mia Farrow there pre-15 adopted kids.

well, that last one is kinda easy for those who know the actress, Ingrid Pitt, thats one of twice she actually donned fangs. The other being the The Vampire Lovers. Suprisingly, in Countess Dracula, she had no fangs..

Yes, that's sweet, fragile little Rosemary, good job.
xSamhainx said:
well, that last one is kinda easy for those who know the actress, Ingrid Pitt, thats one of twice she actually donned fangs. The other being the The Vampire Lovers. Suprisingly, in Countess Dracula, she had no fangs..
That's it exactly, as soon as I recognized Ingrid Pitt I knew the scene... the cape, the coffin, the fingernails.

I am a citizen of the now, with a commanding view
I'm Gonna Getchu Sucka. Keenan Ivory Wayne's first big move. A complete send up and 'omage to the blacksploitation films of the '70's. Loved it!

Antonio Fargas played Huggy Bear on Starsky and Hutch.

I'm Gonna Getchu Sucka. Keenan Ivory Wayne's first big move. A complete send up and 'omage to the blacksploitation films of the '70's. Loved it!

Antonio Fargas played Huggy Bear on Starsky and Hutch.

Yep - and in the movie he won 'Pimp of the Year' with his poem "My bitch better have my money". Another of my faves!

Never heard of that one either!! Where do you find all these films?? :)

The Wayans brothers are a like a comedy dynasty, there's about 7 of them. A guy at university tried to tell me that none of them was as successful as Marlon simply because he hadn't heard of Keenan or Damon. I explained to him that Keenan produced all of Marlon's movies. That shut him up.

Here's mine. Good luck. See if Corwin can guess. Hide your answer if you can. Don't spoil it for him.

Mystery Scene #42

The Wayans brothers are a like a comedy dynasty, there's about 7 of them. A guy at university tried to tell me that none of them was as successful as Marlon simply because he hadn't heard of Keenan or Damon. I explained to him that Keenan produced all of Marlon's movies. That shut him up.

Here's mine. Good luck. See if Corwin can guess. Hide your answer if you can. Don't spoil it for him.

Mystery Scene #42

It's funny... because I just watched that movie 2 days ago... I love it.

Well, the titles there, but it's another film I've never heard of. Looks Canadian, which means it probably never made it down here; how many Aussie films have you seen?

It's very much a Canadian film. It's part of our cultural identity by this point I think ;)

Back
Top Bottom