Dark Souls III - AoA GameBanshee Review

Aubrielle

Noveliste
GameBanshee reviews Dark Souls III's Ashes of Ariandel DLC, and considers it an important addition despite disappointment over its size.

With only two bosses and a similar-sized area as Artorias of the Abyss and the Dark Souls II DLC, it's easy to see why there has been disappointment concerning the DLC's size. Still, there are a lot of opportunities to explore, and I feel like the strong atmosphere and the vague story are some of the most evocative material Dark Souls III has to offer. It's a bittersweet DLC that, PvE-wise, might either end up being ultimately redeemed or condemned by its promised 2017 successor, on which we still have no information.

All in all, Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel is perhaps a bit of a disappointment, but still a very worthy piece of downloadable content in the grand scheme of things, and one that will certainly become a mainstay in my next playthroughs of Dark Souls III.
More information.

Just finished ashes of arieandal. (DS3 DLC)

A bit disappointing considering how good their DLC was for their first 2 games. Very short, only 2 bosses and the new areas were pretty bland. Also too easy although I might have been over leveled. Level 205 on NG+++.

The PVP and match making is a nice addition though. 3 on 3 battles or 6 person free for all is awesome. I'm guessing this is where most of thier efforts for this DLC went. Hopefully the next DLC will be meatier for the single player crowd.

Back
Top Bottom