Choices and consequences in AP

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
DArtagnan and Badesumofu were discussing the C&C of AP in some other thread, which got me thinking: It would be nice to see just what people experienced in certain situations based on their choices through the game. Obviously this thread will contain major spoilers, so I won't wrap anything in spoiler tags.

Basically, I don't have the patience to try everything out myself. I intend to play through it four times for now, and will explore quite a few different options, but far from all.

I'll start with the endings I've seen:
- Got the option from Leland to join him. Decided not to. Had Heck to help me, did not kill Leland. Scarlett entered and shot me, but then shot Leland and let me live (slept with her, had max influence afaik). Me and Heck left the island on a boat.
- Did not get the option to join Leland (too low influence I assume). Had SIE help me. Had to save Mina, who I had been intimate with. Decided to call download PDFs after talking to Parker, after which Deng called me and told me about Scarlett trying to kill the President of Taiwan (I prevented the assassination). The ending sequence was now against the Alpha Protocol dude (Weywright or whatever his name is, I'll check that later) instead of Leland, and then I got a sequence with him afterwards. Decided to kill him this time. Scarlett was nowhere to be seen.

I can imagine quite a few different endings and sequences here based on different factors, so if anyone has experienced something different, I'd love to hear about it.

Another situation where I've noticed major differences:
- Attacking the mansion of the mafia guy: When I chose SIE as my ally, I attacked the place in an APC with a very big gun. Albatross on the other hand wanted me to sneak in, and provided a sniper rifle to get the job done. Both of them ended up captured - I did not save Albatross in the first game and lost an ally, but I saved SIE in the second and managed to keep her as my ally.

I have no idea what would happen if:
- Go to Moscow first. Choose Albatross as ally. Let him die.
- Go to Taipei later, attack the G22 cell. Albatross usually calls at this point.
- ???

Also, what consequences does killing Deng have? Obviously he can't provide you with information or call you when you attack Alpha Protocol, but anything else?

A few examples of major differences in Saudi Arabia:
- Letting the leader live in Saudi Arabia. He will then provide a lot of information, and offer to be an ally near the end of the game if you accept the task to reveal the role of the US Government in all of this instead of being patriotic.
- I found that accepting a bribe from Nasri was a good option. Not only did we manage to trace him and dig up more information, but I got a good $15.000 as well. Killing him did not do a whole lot, other than provide the terrorists with slightly less weapons and giving me an item to display in the safehouses.

I'll continue this later on. If anyone has anything to offer, feel free!

Edit: Oh yes, is there any way to stay in touch with the chick in Rome? I've tried two options:
- Had half decent influence with her. Saved her and let the bombs go off. She left afterwards.
- Decided to disarm the bombs. She was killed right in front of Mike. Ended up with a pretty sad sequence where Mike kept hearing her voice in his head.

I have a theory that enough influence and intel on her will allow Mike to stay in touch even after saving her. Either that or maybe high enough influence with Margrom or whatever he's called will prevent him from killing her (doubt it, he seems pretty cold). The two options above might be the only ones, but it would be interesting if there were more options.

Last edited:
My first time through. Bought off by Surkov. Saved President. Diffused Bomb. Relations with all 4 women. Ending handlers were was SIE, Albatross, Heck. Turned down Leland. Blew off Conrad. Chose SIE. Missed Mina. Missed Scarlet. Missed Westridge. Killed Darcy. Contacted Parker. Parker stabbed in neck by Conrad after informing Parker about daughter's death. Killed Conrad. Killed Leland. Rode off in to sunset by self. ( Played just ending again. Saved Mina. Switched handler to Scarlet. Rode off into sunset with Mina. ) Notes: Missed fight with Championchik but could have if not bought off by Surkov.

Sometimes can get extra mission in Moscow to get Surkov depending on dialog with Surkov and Brayko (and Grigori?) where you have option to fight Championchik.

I've heard you can get SIS to rescue you in endgame instead of SIE not sure what triggers that. You can convert Conrad and Parker to good side at end depending on choices. I don't believe you can retain relationship with Madison in any case.

Apparently if you get -4 reputation with Heck he will sell you out for 5 million or something after the Taiwan missions.

I'm curious who you can ride of into the sunset with. Mina and Heck at least. Who else?

What are the benefits of having a hated reputation with anyone? I know good reputation opens up more weapons and accessories and bad reputation removes them.

Woah.. so many differences. Had no idea all that was possible (especially the ending, which is very different from my own experiences).

You had Scarlett as your handler on the final mission? I've had 10 reputation with her both times and never had that option, how did you get it?

Hmm, getting SIS instead of SIE. I'll try to get Albatross as my ally this time + piss off SIE to make sure she's not available during the final mission. I doubt Albatross himself shows up, so I suppose SIS will come to the rescue then.

I'm still wondering about Madison. This time I managed to get a "relationship" going (slept with her etc), but she still left after I saved her. I did get an item on the bed though, which I can click and get "Aww, Madison, I wonder if she'll ever call?". She hasn't contacted me yet at least.

I've fought Championchik once, when I attacked Surkov on sight during mansion mission (I think). He's somewhat tough, but I had maxed out pistols at the time, so a single round of freeze-time-skill-pump-bullets-in-his-head was enough to take him out. It'll probably be a fairly tough fight if you focus on Assault Rifles, as he starts out right in your face.

Also, I noticed another small change: After letting the leader of the terrorists in Saudi live, I could contact him in Rome through the Intel page (buying contact for $600 or so) before doing the mission in the Ruins. His guards were then allies and I fought Marburg's men there instead. Interesting.

Oh, and what did you do with Deng?

And another thing: I wonder what options are available for the Triad? I've noticed a lot of expensive intel available for the group, but the solution seems linear. There must be something else there, considering all the intel.

Sis saved me in the end game. Not sure what exactly I did (I don't think i had very high rep with her, but I did w/ Albatross).

Have any of you actually accepted Leland's offer yet? Curious to know how it all plays out if you do.

No I haven't, but Marburg offered me a job this time. As far as I could see, I could not accept his offer in any way (all three options were negative). I've been thinking about accepting Lelands offer the next time I get it (don't get it if the influence is too low). Maybe I'll do it this time to see what the result is (will there even be a final level? Who to fight against if you're suddenly on his side?).

For all I know, this could be a way to avoid the final fight, similar to the end in PS:T. I doubt it though, as the final level is big and well designed, would be strange to simply skip the entire thing.

I would also be very interested in hearing what happens. If noone has tried it, I'll do it soon and report back.

Regarding Omen Dang, I saved him. Only seems to appear if you select Download PDA where he tells you about Scarlet.

I played through the ending again from my first attempt. Took Heck along. This time accepted Lelands offer. Did not have option to work with Conrad. Still have to go through the endgame fights. I missed Scarlet. Leland has you kill Mina as a primary task. This time I Contacted Parker and did not have to fight a mini-boss battle there but had to save Parker and take data for Leland. Westridge becomes the end bad guy. I chose to kill him. After that you can Betray or Join Leland. If join, Leland gives you a cigar and welcomes you to the club. No boat scene. If betray, you indicate all the contacts you saved that work for you (Surkov, Shaheed, Omen, Parker, Heck) then you hand him a mine instead of data and he blows up. You then laugh. I rode off into the sunset with Heck that time.

Guessing Sis unlocks you if you pick Albatross but I did not have that option in my games.

I've been thinking about accepting Lelands offer the next time I get it (don't get it if the influence is too low). Maybe I'll do it this time to see what the result is (will there even be a final level? Who to fight against if you're suddenly on his side?).

On a second playthrough I´ve played more or less an evil guy so I joined him, convinced Parker, killed Mina, last boss was Westridge, afterwards I backstabbed Leland, rode into sunset with Heck and basically became a new head of Halbech, having SIE, Heck and Parker as my allies.
You can also not betray Leland in which case there´s no ride into sunset, instead you smoke a cigar with him, becoming his partner in crime.

Btw, negative disposition with handlers provides different perks. I had Mina at -10 (hatred) which provided 10% faster cooldown on all abilites.

I've fought Championchik once, when I attacked Surkov on sight during mansion mission (I think). He's somewhat tough, but I had maxed out pistols at the time, so a single round of freeze-time-skill-pump-bullets-in-his-head was enough to take him out. It'll probably be a fairly tough fight if you focus on Assault Rifles, as he starts out right in your face.

It´s easy - you just run away back to where you came from to get some distance from him.

Back
Top Bottom