Heliopolis is another good one, works best as a follow-up to Hordes of the Underdark

How about we keep talking about enjoying NWN mods? Something we all seem to agree on.

=)

Actually, yeah.

:)

Last edited:
Stuck on another dang puzzle in Swordflight. My brain must not work as well for these puzzles anymore. :p

Edit - Solved it. Took me roughly 1 hour of trial and error + several minutes offline of drawing the puzzle on paper and brainstorming. Now THAT is a dope RPG mechanic. :D

Last edited:
I need some module recommendations for a munchkin.

I need some module recommendations for a munchkin.

Swordflight would be my recommendation. It's tough, though, with the occasional hard combat and devilishly tricky puzzle. Really solid so far.

Has it no class restrictions? 'Cause typically I just go for Imp. Invisibility / Keen Edge and add some RDD / Pale Master levels. Which makes most mods not fun at all.

No need to go, lots of great info in this thread. Pls don't leave.

I agree. Don't go. It looks like it was just a misunderstanding.

--

Spud, I don't see The Girl in Ill Humour on that list. Is that also a game not for everyone?

--

I'm looking up overrides for Baldur's Gate into NWN. I remember there was a fantastic reskinning of the HUD but it was like 500mb.

So far I am finding portraits and music overrides

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/images/portrait/baldurs-gate-npc-portraits

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/audio/music/raathi-pack-i-baldurs-gate-2-music-extras

@luj1, I would just try a different build. I find it's a lot of fun developing creative characters and trying things you didn't try the first (or first 10 times :p) you played.

I'm looking up overrides for Baldur's Gate into NWN. I remember there was a fantastic reskinning of the HUD but it was like 500mb.

There's these two…?

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/gui/baldurs-gate-gui

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/gui/bg2-themed-gui

And there's a BG1 in NWN2 module that I have, haven't played it yet though, I recall that being quite sizable, like 600Mb…. But I'm not finding it on the vault which is odd.

Edit - ahh here it is

http://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mods/794/?

I think I already broke the record for most re-loads in a Let's Play for an RPG. Game is tough!

The play-time estimates for Swordflight must be on the low side. I believe the first chapter was touted as taking about 15 hours to complete and I am already a bit over 20 hours strong so far. Chapter 2 is estimated at a whopping 50 hours and then the final chapter 3 is 20-25 I think. So in short, the module is massive.

Chapter 1's balance is really tight so far. You really have to use everything at your disposal, and even then it's hard. The game seems to give you juuust enough to get through, yet you still have to ration the goods they do give you carefully. The lore is really cool, the first dungeon is quite epic to say the least and the battles stay tough the whole way. Finally, there are plenty of skill-check opportunities in and out of combat, secrets and little things to find and a very well-built, hand-crafted feel to everything. Ace stuff so far.

I also like the main companion quite a bit, and my Druid is running around with a boar and a badger to help him. Good stuff. :)

I'm glad it's that good and that you're having so much fun with it. Nothing is quite like modding classic games eh.

For sure. I hope a modern RPG developer does what NWN did with the modding tools and makes an easy-to-use-yet-powerful editor to create modules with. Real modules, i.e. full campaigns. That would be dope.

Just copy the NWN formula and make a modern version of the same game. You'd get so many RPG/D&D punters falling over themselves to buy it it's hard to believe you couldn't turn a profit.

I agree wholeheartedly, Kaos. If someone won't do it with D&D it might still work with a decently developed RPG world, like the Pillars of Eternity or Divinity: Original Sin worlds. Obviously D&D would be more of a sure shot but if the tools are right then it would have potential.

Shoot, someone should just design the engine and modding tools. You don't even need a base game, IMO. Just give the modders the simple-yet-powerful tools and a good engine and let them go wild. This would be effective with D&D, not sure if the other worlds would draw enough modders without a base game.

There are some good custom campaigns out there for Shadowrun games.

I've yet to play a modern Shadowrun game, sadly. I may have tried the console game as a kid. Probably a wasted rental that was too odd for me to figure out as a youngin. :)

Back
Top Bottom