Christmas dinner?

My mother does the same thing she does every year for Christmas Eve, which is cook meals from another country. This year it was Lebanon. The food was decent.

I don't like this very much though, I find it very pretentious.

People have forgot how to eat…. body is a temple that influences your mind and anything you do…. a good, healthy diet can bring you to great heights and great successes in life believe it or not….. Don't forget, what you eat, you become…..

Well that is true, but I tend to close the temple doors during holidays and open the doors to culinary heaven :biggrin:

First there is all kinds of delicous food during xmas. After that comes girlfriend's birthday (we eat her favourite stuff which means fish and other type of seafood). After that traditional new year's celebrations which means chinese, barbeque or some other type of party food. Lastly have a fancy meal in 6:th of january with some close friends which ends the holiday season for us.

Roast turkey, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, brussel sprouts, yorkshire pudding, mini sausages wrapped in bacon (pigs in blankets), lots of gravy and bread sauce. Christmas pudding for desert.

Christmas Eve, as always, was centered on a backyard roast of a whole suckling pig with the Cuban side of the family -- and as always I was quietly munching a plate of platanos fritos in the corner.

For Christmas day I made a sweet potato pie, a corn cobbler and two different flavors of tartes tatin, and then the rest of the world all showed up bearing various other kinds of pies, so it was basically all pie all day long.

My mother does the same thing she does every year for Christmas Eve, which is cook meals from another country. This year it was Lebanon. The food was decent.

Why is that pretentious? To make an attempt to understand the food customs and cultures of other people? Seems like a great thing to me.

You truly are a ........

Go to Burger King then.

Isn't there another forum you would rather go too, a place where the few like you could exchange thoughts on how to be big bags....

I think we should all go to HHR's place for a curry, next Christmas.

Does he find the idea of changing nationalities pretentious or does he find Lebanese food pretentious? Also, HHR, please sit on this couch and tell me about your mother...

It would be cool if the thread about Christmas dinners could remain a cheerful one.

What's your favorite song about Christmas dinners? I like the Boar's Head Carol.

I'll see your Maddy Prior and raise you a middle aged man in a sweater dancing at the disco!

(UK No. 7, in chart for thirteen weeks)

Here the bulk revolves around codfish stew, gnocchi, octopus salad, turkey, marble cake and fritters.
I did this year, what I do every year…ignore all fore meals, main meals, appetizers and deserts and focus all my efforts on the holy trinity of foods: smoked ham, swiss cheese and the glorious french salad. ;)

Back
Top Bottom