Steam Finally Adds Option To Delete Games From Your Library

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
Oh, thank the lord. It irritates me beyond all reason that I've had the demo for Pillars of Eternity sitting there in my list of games right next to the actual game Pillars of Eternity. My weird OCD brain is now happily planning how I'm going to prune my Steam library when I get home tonight.

kotaku said:
For the longest time, you could uninstall a Steam game from your machine, but—no matter how regrettable the purchase—it’d remain in your library, cluttering up your precious game hoard. With Steam libraries growing into the hundreds and thousands, this became a problem.

Finally, after years and years, Valve has added the option to permanently delete Steam games. To be clear, this is not a refund, but rather an option to remove games you’ve had laying around for ages, that you simply can’t see yourself having a use for ever, ever, ever again.

The process is relatively simple: go to Steam’s support site, sign in, search for a game you own, and then choose the “I want to permanently remove this game from my account” option. Valve also notes that games you delete will not be automatically uninstalled from your machine, so you should take care of that beforehand—or else you’ll have to dig through files to remove the rusty old needle from your haystack.

Weird.. most demos remove themselves after you uninstall them. I can't say I've ever wanted to remove a full game though.

For years I just created a category (ZZZ or something) and then assigned that category. Then they added the hidden flag in categories which was better and good enough for me.

I also will almost never truly delete something because like in most RPGS I never want drop those items as you never know if you will want it in 5 years for some quest or something or need it to gift to an NPC.

I also will almost never truly delete something because like in most RPGS I never want drop those items as you never know if you will want it in 5 years for some quest or something or need it to gift to an NPC.

Yes - my inventory often looks like the contents of my Dad's shed, because you never know when it's going to come in handy.

That's what I do.
There's a hidden flag? O_O

When you use "Set Categories..." its the "Hide this game in my library" checkbox at the bottom of the dialog. All games will disappear from other lists and a new filter "HIDDEN" appears.

Back
Top Bottom