Gaming BS of the week

Not about RPGs but I am highly irritated ATM about some BS.

You want to buy something. You need it soon, preferably today, but okay, tomorrow will do.
So after having checked the price you check the stock. Great! They promise it will be delivered tomorrow, that or they promise delivery within two days.
So you place your order.
And then... nothing. After a day you have to write them why the hell they did not send the product, not even a track and trace.
"Out of stock"
BS! You just do not like having a stock, you think stock is a wholesalers business, because of the costs! You just wanted me to place an order.
%#!*$¥!!!

More and more webshops in my country seem to do this: as soon as they get an order themselves, they place an order at their supplier. I have canceled orders because of it, but having to cancel again and again...

Heard about that happening, but never experienced it myself.
I suggest doing business with proven webstores (amazon, alzashop, gearbox, etc). You might pay a bit more, but at least you won't grow some new gray hair.

Yup. Amazing store.

Yep, ordered an ssd the other day from amazon with the prime now app. Didn't feel like driving down to microcenter.

Paid 7.99 extra for 1 hour deliver to see if it worked. 37 mins from ordering it arrived at my door. It would have taken me 1 1/2 hours to drive to microcenter, get it and drive home. Amazon rocks.

Sorry no bs here but I thought it was semi- relevant.

Yep, ordered an ssd the other day from amazon with the prime now app. Didn't feel like driving down to microcenter.

Paid 7.99 extra for 1 hour deliver to see if it worked. 37 mins from ordering it arrived at my door. It would have taken me 1 1/2 hours to drive to microcenter, get it and drive home. Amazon rocks.

Sorry no bs here but I thought it was semi- relevant.

Amazon recently bought a company here who makes drones and apparently testing drone deliveries since they got license from the government. Now imagine with delivery time with that!

Amazon recently bought a company here who makes drones and apparently testing drone deliveries since they got license from the government. Now imagine with delivery time with that!

What could possibly go wrong? :biggrin:

Are they still planning to do those mobile airship warehouses? Supposedly they are going to have huge, flying/hovering warehouses that will be manned with drones as the delivery carriers. Crazy.

Here is my BS of the week - went from my home in western NY to Boston MA for a ~24 trip (leave Sunday 7PM, get back 11PM Monday night). In case you didn't know, there is a major storm pounding the US Northeast. So I was happy to be on a flight that would get me on the ground before the snow even started anywhere.

Only it didn't work that way. My flights home were cancelled. Why? Because they don't want to strand the plane in our small airport, since it would be the last flight of the day and wouldn't turn around until the morning. So they just cancel a flight. Ugh. No flights today, and they have already cancelled flights for tomorrow. As of now I have a possible Thursday flight or possibly Friday. Stuck here 3+ extra days so they could avoid leaving a small plane at a small airport.

BS.

That is no fun at all txa1265, I missed a WHO concert through east coast storms.

Regarding flights, cancellations etc., back in the dark ages, late 1980s, some of the IBMers I worked with were from England and they would fly to New York on Sunday night and then fly home on Friday night. However, they always booked themselves in business class on the most in demand flight on Friday night. They said then that about 1 in 5 flights were overbooked and they were usually offered overnight in a hotel in the USA and then home by Concorde on Saturday! One had even, I saw the boarding passes, 4 Concorde flights in a year!!

I don't like flying. I like the being in the air part of flying, but everything about airports and airlines is miserable for me. So much stress and hassle, and security arrangements that feel like being molested by the Combine from Half Life 2.

In Europe, I take the train whenever possible. The sleeper trains are extremely relaxing, and sort of rock you to sleep.

I don't like the being in the air part of flying, I'm scared. Car or train for me.

Very good website for getting around Europe without planes. Low carbon and civilized.

http://www.seat61.com/

Europe???? That's on the other side of the world!!!:)

Yes, that journey does require an aeroplane ride that is, very literally, a pain in the arse.

Not completely sure if this qualifies as BS.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...d-in-australia-due-to-implied-sexual-violence

Outlast 2 banned in Australia due to “implied sexual violence”

Red Barrel's upcoming first-person horror game Outlast 2 has been rejected by the Australian classification board.

Weirdly, the game's demo was deemed appropriate, albeit with an 18+ rating for "high impact horror violence, blood and gore."

As for why Australia's censor denied Outlast 2, it was for claims of "implied sexual violence" inflicted upon protagonist Blake and his wife Lynn

If not BS, then a great advertisment for me to buy a game that otherwise wouldn't even look at. Stop with censoring fiction!

Back
Top Bottom