Favorite NWN2 mods?

crpgnut

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor
Hey folks, after playing Knights of the Chalice, I've decided to give NWN2 another go. I don't like high level (20) AD&D and I really prefer battles and exploration to dialogue. With those preferences in mind, does anyone have some good NWN2 mods to recommend? I'm playing through Mysteries of Westgate at the moment, but I find the combat to be too spaced apart for my taste. It seems like I spend way too much time walking between locations, even with the fast travel options. I'm kinda looking at Keep of the Borderlands and Pool of Radiance remastered so if someone can give me a yay or nay on those, I'd appreciate it.

P.S. I absolutely love hidden doors and finding secret stuff hidden away. Bonus points go to mods with this type of material :)

PORR is really good, interesting Battles, a good designed City and even some secret Doors :)

There are two versions for Keep on the Borderlands, Enoa4s is a cool oldschool Dungeon-Crawl, the one from BlackRain Software is a bit to streamlined for my taste.

IMO there is nearly no bad Module for NWN 2; most of them have something interesting.

AtM I remember Harp & Chrysanthemum for the Story, Asphyxia for the "Epicness", Traveller for some lighthearted Road-Adventure and Tomb of Horrors for some real mean Dungeon-Crawl.

For me, the problem with NWN2 mods was the lack of any decent MP ones. Especially with the totally nerfed DM client!!

Harp & Chrysanthemum

Excellent mod. It has some challenging combat, and a fair amount of exploration and things to find. It's lowish level (4ish - 8ish iirc) and has low-level appropriate equipment. By low I mean that a masterwork of your favorite weapon would be what you might consider good. A +1 weapon would be excellent.

The companions are fairly interesting characters as well, and it has gorgeous custom music.

I tried H&C but it was way too much talky, talky for me. I want to get to fighting and exploring quickly, don't really care to chit-chat in my games :) I'm enjoying PORR quite a bit. I've created my dude and walked into the slums. Got my butt handed to me the first few battles, so I created a level 2 character so that I can take more damage. Thanks for the suggestions, folks! More :D

Back
Top Bottom