Might & Magic X party creation and tips.

I'm still in Chapter 2 and I'm sort of stuck at the moment. I'm finished with the first Elemental Forge quest, but I can't go to Karthal or The Crag yet. I'm basically just wandering the region around Seahaven.

I have a ton of open quests, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be doing right now, and it seems like all the enemies that are left in the areas available to me are too strong for my party.

There are places you can get to if you're very careful and avoid much conflict. Also, positioning in combat can be essential.

That's normal for the start of Chapter 2, JDR - it was my one big issue with the game. You'll need to proceed with the main quest.
find the Lost City entrance

Thanks. I can see where it is on the map, but there's no option to do anything in that spot when I go there. Did I miss some dialogue somewhere?

You're talking about..
At the garbage dump in Seahaven, right? For some reason it's marked on my map even though no one told me about it. Can you give a hint on how to open it though without being too spoilerish?

Right? How is one supposed to know to go there?

By "on the map" do you mean in the town? That's the shortcut entrance/exit - you need to find the other entrance.

going off memory, it's in that forest to the west of town.

By "on the map" do you mean in the town? That's the shortcut entrance/exit - you need to find the other entrance.

Ah..ok. Odd that the shortcut would show on the map before my party has used it. I've got a feeling that I need to go beyond where a certain Minotaur has been blocking my way.

*Edit* Nope… that wasn't it.

*Edit 2* Found it :)

Last edited:
Yay! MMX is a wonderful game. I will probably add it to my MM3,6,7 and 8 runs. If Limbic can break into a NWC group, that is high praise. Their heroes games don't do anything for me. I'd rather play the old ones.

The Acts (Chapters) have kind of a blurry line. I still haven't completed one of the act 1 things and there is a bunch of act 2 stuff I have yet to do.

About a year ago, I think I read, that in this game you proceed with the main story line as much as possible to unlock stuff. The problem for me is I can't find that helpful thread or board anywhere. It had some great starter tips, like collecting and wearing relics asap.

In any event I'm about 80 hours in and have just about finished Act 3. Fun game to play but it is not a Might and Magic game IMO, more Might and Magic-ish.

Still finding hard battles and many times the battles are taking a long time to win. However, the thing that turned my battle fortunes around was getting that NPC (in Crag) that finds extra gold and magical items. In just about every monster drop or treasure chest I'm getting something worthwhile to either sell or wear. I had to dump her a couple times but I went back to the city to pick her up.

BTW, what is the advantage to Advanced Classes in "this" game?

I mean like from Ranger to Warder, or Rune Priest to Rune Lord.

I was hoping for more skill and attribute points upon leveling up. My party is way to balanced and I will be lucky to get more than one GM per character.

Yeah, you really have to min-max in this game. It seems like you can reach GM in maybe 3 skills with any character but only if you spend very little in other skills.

I have most of my party planned out well enough, but I'm agonizing over my Crusader. I know I want to GM him in Light magic, but I have to decide how I want to spend the rest of his skill points between Sword, Shield, Heavy Armor, and Mysticism.

My only major complaint about the game so far is the lack of a retreat option. I appreciate that there's no level-scaling, but it sucks when you suddenly stumble across a mob that you have no chance of beating and you can't escape. Instant reload…

Yep. Retreat = Reload.

I'm getting a kick out of the auto save. Typically it's activated when ever you enter a new area. But I have found a couple times when it was activated after I won a battle.

Also there are a couple areas (slums) where the battle music sometimes does not go off, the only solution was to exit the area and then come back.

I've had the auto-save activate after one of my party members got knocked unconscious. :)

The battle music bug isn't tied to any particular area. It happened to me in the region around Seahaven. I had just picked up the astronomer NPC so I thought maybe there was a connection to that. Turns out it's just random.

Curious audio tip.

When I started playing I couldn't hear any music. I had to crank up the music on my speakers to about 2/3 full. And turn down the audio sounds within the game controls on everything else. Interestingly however, I was playing late at night and put on some headphones and the music was too loud and all the other sounds inaudible. So I cranked down the volume on my speakers and within game controls placed all the sounds on normal volume and the game sounded normal.

For this game I have to wear headphones in order for the game to sound normal.

So I'm playing today and…

I hadn't done a manual save in a few hours. No big deal, right? I mean the auto-save is pretty frequent. Then I encounter a mob that I didn't want to fight, so I exit to the menu and reload. Well I accidently click on the save below the auto-save slot and load that instead. Ok… so I exit back to the menu and load the auto-save… only to discover that the game had decided to auto-save again immediately after I had accidently loaded that prior save. Fucking awesome… :mad:

Starting to lose a little steam now, and I'm not sure if I'm even finish going to this game. I'm still in Chapter 3 (or is it 4?) where I'm trying to get into Karthal through the sewers. Every encounter is at least a 15 minute battle, and it's starting to wear on me.

I hear you on that. I had this one battle in the fortress of crows that lasted half an hour. I too was going to exit that battle at first but as I started whittling down the foes it looked like I might win. I did win but that was a long fight. As far as combat goes, this game seems more like Wizardry then M&M.

Thing is, there aren't actually that many encounters. It's just that a lot of the enemies have ridiculous amounts of HP. My party currently has 100-200 HP per character, and I'm fighting mobs that have 600-900 HP per enemy.

Thing is, there aren't actually that many encounters. It's just that a lot of the enemies have ridiculous amounts of HP. My party currently has 100-200 HP per character, and I'm fighting mobs that have 600-900 HP per enemy.

Well, I don't really remember the details. I think my party was doing alright - and I wasn't having that much trouble - it was just exhausting in terms of combat.

I think I'd played ~15-20 hours of it at that point.

A shame, really, because I liked the game a lot - it just had too much combat for my tastes.

It depends on what kind of party you have, it is possible to win those battles pretty fast if you have an offensive party. However be careful, in that particular tunnel, you cannot win all the encounters, which is annoying as you can't flee. The right path will have easier encounters, and the wrong path will have some encounters you can't win or will be very tough to win so you have to come back later and kill those.

Back
Top Bottom