SP: The Fractured but Whole - Gone Gold

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming South Park: The Fractured but Whole has gone gold and has a new trailer.

Ubisoft announced today that South Park: The Fractured but Whole has gone Gold. In order to celebrate this announcement, the French company released a brand new trailer for this new South Park game that can be viewed below.

More information.

Can't wait to be a black guy and having my arse kicked because of the high difficulty :)

Who plays this kind of game ?

I don't like the show. Can't like something I never saw.
And I play this kind of game.

The first one was a masterpiece, but I won't buy this one (not at full price at least) - because of different developer.

I got the first one as a gift(never would have bought it for myself) and actually played it. I might get this one on a sale at some point, but it won't be a day one purchase for me. That's assuming it still has the same turn based combat as the first one does.

I loved the first one. Will try this one. First one was over the top but was well done and really fun. I never watched the show though.

I don't like the show. Can't like something I never saw.
And I play this kind of game.

The first one was a masterpiece, but I won't buy this one (not at full price at least) - because of different developer.

Well, based on the last game, I'd say people who like solid RPG mechanics and really well written, biting, satire.

Well, ok. I mean, I watched some episodes of South Park, but never found the whole series too thrilling (although the satire was great). But that's my personal taste.

Most of my … unwillingness to further look at these 2 games comes rather from using this kind of graphics, humour and characters. It simply turns me off.

The German title is a whole lot different, by the way. I think it's like "The rectakulary tensile test". They actually use the word "rektakulär" in the German-language title. I think that "rectaculary" might be a good translation - given that the original "rektakulär" doesn't even exist in German language. It appears to be a mix between "rektal"[English : rectal] and "spektakulär" / "spectaculary" [English : spectacular].

I really really really don't have the slightest idea what they mean with this title. As usual, the original English title is so much better.

I got the first one as a gift(never would have bought it for myself) and actually played it. I might get this one on a sale at some point, but it won't be a day one purchase for me. That's assuming it still has the same turn based combat as the first one does.
They changed up the combat, but it’s still turn-based. Looks even better now.

I really really really don't have the slightest idea what they mean with this title. As usual, the original English title is so much better.

Well, it was probably the only word play with a synonym for ass they could come up with.

Like "but whole" means "butthole", " rektakulär" means "rektal" and "spektakulär". The marketing guys wouldn't have allowed something similar with " Arsch", I presume.

Well, it was probably the only word play with a synonym for ass they could come up with.

Like "but whole" means "butthole", " rektakulär" means "rektal" and "spektakulär". The marketing guys wouldn't have allowed something similar with " Arsch", I presume.

Wow. I never seen that before. Ha.

I'm more lukewarm on the show, but game was phenomenal. But I think the writing was non Obsidian handled.

I haven't played the first game even though i want to pick it up eventually. I thought is was well received.

I'm more lukewarm on the show, but game was phenomenal. But I think the writing was non Obsidian handled.

Yes, the first's story was apparently done by the South Park team, and I think it's the same for this sequel. And it sounds like Trey/Parker kept a close eye on this one just as they did on the first so I'm not as worried about the change of developer as I usually would be.

I'm a huge fan of the show, and I thought the game was terrible at least as a crpg.

Yes as a crpg I didn't care for it, but it's the game that has made me laugh the most ever in history.

Yes as a crpg I didn't care for it, but it's the game that has made me laugh the most ever in history.

This. As a RPG it was only mediocre at best in my opinion, but as entertainment it was bloody brilliant. I also like the show however, and I'm amazed someone could like the game as much a Joxer apparently did and still not sit down to binge watch a couple of seasons of South Park.

South Park is a lot like some of my other favorite comedy series (Community and Rick and Morty comes to mind), I think it's hard to appreciate random episodes without having the context from earlier seasons or episodes. So start from the beginning, it's worth it.

No reason for confusion. I just don't think it'd be as fun as in form of a videogame.

Rick and Morty? Isn't that a comic? Erm, I saw a few pages in some fat issue, wasn't amused so I refused to buy it. :D

Back
Top Bottom