Kingdom Come - Gameplay Demo

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
IGN published a Kingdom Come Deliverance demo at the Gamescom 2017:

Kingdom Come Deliverance Gameplay Demo - IGN Live: Gamescom 2017

The developers of Kingdom Come Deliverance stop by IGN's live show at Gamescom 2017 to show off gameplay.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I gotta say, that looked really nice. I'm not a graphics whore, preferring turn-based tactical games, but it sure looked pretty.

Liked the animations. Nice looking collapse when a guy got shot by an arrow on a road. And the combat looked good, better than Risen 1, which I rather liked. Archery looked good. Nice animation on the dodges and getting pushed back. Death to roll dodges!

Nice little touches, too. Liked how one guy was checking his boots or footing before the battle. And that walk up to the group fight in the woods had nice atmosphere. Not sure that's a place I'd really like to be. As a game, I'm now very much looking forward to being there.

I'm a graphics whore and I can't wait to get my paws on this story driven RPG. ;)

That was pretty cool to be honest. Single player RPG with Chivalry's combat? Yes please.

Love/hate with the combat system. One hand, targeting system, how weapons/armor work, parry mechanic seem excellent.
On the other, looks too robotic, needs more speed/lacks punchy feel to it ( Mordhau in comparison looks much better, even if exaggerated), no combat rhythm with very rigid animations/movement/telegraphing, etc.
Enemies could also emote more.
And before someone says: Realism!...you can see people glide around without their feet even moving.

Visuals are good. Gameplay looks awfully slow and clunky to me, though.

Back
Top Bottom