Junction Point Studios - Warren Spector Interview @ Joerg Spielt

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
German game site Joerg Spielt has an interesting interview with gaming legend Warren Spector which discusses where gaming is going in general, rather than his current projects. Here's his response to a question about there being too much violence in modern games.
Warren Spector: Many people in the Games industry are still looking backwards and not forwards. There is so much emphasis on graphics now. I have been saying this for ten years, but it gets worse and worse and worse. Because the hardware and our capabilities get better and better and better. We can now do the things we’ve always done and make them look more extreme and more realistic. So I am not sure there is more violence in games today, I think it just looks more convincing now. My hope is that, as we look at how we use the PS3 and Xbox 360, we start to see the new things we can do and not only how to make the old things look better.​
You can read the entire article in English only it would appear.
Thanks Avantenor for the link.​
More information.

Warren sure can keep positive, even when he hasn't released a game in 3 years. I wish he would show already what they are working on in Junction Point.

I sure wish he would shut the hell up. He talks way too much about gaming and yet hasn't delivered anything to back up what he is saying, since Deus Ex.

i thought fans of role playing games had a better memory due to the fact they need to know how to think. i guess i was wrong. yes, he did not release a game in 3 years, you act like it's unusual for him. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/warren_spector in 1995 he was credited for crusader and in 1999 he was credit for thief 1. 4 years gap. but crusader wasn't all that good. take system shock from 1994 to be the last real game he was involved in and here you go, 5 years gap.

i rather wait 5 years for the next deus ex then get a game like crusader cybermage every year.

yup..

Its always intrestng to read what the man says, but I'd prefer him to back up his claim with something. Make us remember once again, why he is respected :)

Back
Top Bottom