Dragon Age 4 - Not Confirmed

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamerant reports that Dragon Age 4 is not confirmed but there is a project happening.

BioWare Creative Director Says Dragon Age 4 is Not Confirmed

When fans of the beloved Dragon Age franchise caught word that studio BioWare was working on a new Dragon Age game, chaos and excitement ensued. But now, those dreams have seemingly been dashed to a slight degree. Dragon Age creative director Mike Laidlaw has stated that Dragon Age 4 isn't definitively set in stone just yet.

It began on Twitter, when a Dragon Age fan asked Laidlaw about the events of Dragon Age: Inquisition‘s final DLC, Trespasser. "Mike, is there a chance that DA4 starts before Trespasser, so Trespasser becomes AU? Or is [the] DLC ending canon?" user @LeidaPaleo questioned. Laidlaw responded simply: "DA4 is not confirmed. Trespasser is canon."

[...]
More information.

I didn't buy nor play Trespasser. And I won't. Canon or not, I was sick of grind in the main game and don't want to replay it.

As about DA4, there is a huge question if I'd buy it. Yea… Excessive grinding. I just don't want to do it again.

CCG or TCG... Another one? Kill me please.

Could it be?

Drum roll…

Dragon Age Live! With Co-Op! And Multi-Player!

__

Or Dragon Age: The Card Game as joxer pointed out, let's copy Hearthstone and Gwent. I really don't consider that unlikely at this point. It's EA running the show, after all.

OK. Embarrassment. Missed the big reveal…

"Trespasser is canon"

B-B-But Dragon Age has no canon. Only your canon. Party line for years…

But now. Officially. Dragon Age enters The Age of Canon.

__

Bioware suits must be scratching their heads why their games aren't earning critical acclaim like they used to... Maybe they learn some day.

Bioware suits must be scratching their heads why their games aren't earning critical acclaim like they used to… Maybe they learn some day.

There are no "bioware suits". They took cash and bailed after the buyout years ago. You now have EA suits. And they probably know why they don't get critical acclaim, but as long as people keep buying their shit.... they really don't care.

So at least one person seems to care about DA 4...

Franchise was dead after the first game anyway (for me personally after half of the first game).

So at least one person seems to care about DA 4…

Franchise was dead after the first game anyway (for me personally after half of the first game).

Huh, didn't they announce they've got that indie writer working on it? Kind of odd.
The series has a lot of potential still, but kind of feels they're re-writing lore as they see fit.

What's with the 30 sec delay between posts? This to prevent spam?

I didn't buy nor play Trespasser. And I won't. Canon or not, I was sick of grind in the main game and don't want to replay it.
Trespasser was good, one of the best parts of the mediocre game that was DA:I. And I don't recall Trespasser itself being grindy at all.

As for DA4 rumors, best tweet to look at is this:
https://twitter.com/Mike_Laidlaw/status/905857144070725633

Given he's bothering to tweet this stuff out (as opposed to just staying silent), seems like the new DA project is likely some kind of spinoff, perhaps in a different genre other than action RPG.

Combine this with the Mass Effect and Anthem happenings, and I'd say there's a decent chance BioWare is done making RPGs.

Perhaps they'll turn it around and let us play eeevvviiilll…? Like a darkspawn emissary *COUGH*EA executive*COUGH*? ;) Not that I'd want it personally.

Huh, didn't they announce they've got that indie writer working on it? Kind of odd.
The series has a lot of potential still, but kind of feels they're re-writing lore as they see fit.

People seems to be confusing official (i.e. the publisher officially announced the game) and unofficial announcement (i.e. dev said they were working on series X).

Back
Top Bottom