The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Talking of metal, I've been enjoying this album by 90s thrashers Xentrix recently. I'd forgotten how good it is (if you like thrash…. :)).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gH0s2SH30I

Edit: how do you embed YouTube videos? I just tried wrapping it with the

Ahhh! Thanks both, I was quoting the whole URL rather than the specific identifier.

So as a test… :) I've also been listening to this awesome album by Imitation Electric Piano. They feature some of the same folk as Stereolab. The singer's voice took me a little while to get used to, but the music is fantastic!

Ahhh the sweet smell of success! :D

Subtle indeed.

pibbur who wonders what the carnifex listens to when he's in the mood for some … not so subtle stuff.. And who'd like to inform the watch that his ringtone is the middle part of "Careful with that Axe, Eugene". And his wakeup signal is "Honor thy Father" (the wife is not too happy with that one).

My ringtone is part of "Things that don't exist" by Air Formation

Back when I worked, I had a set-up that woke me every morning for about ten years that started off with "You" and "Planet Telex", both by Radiohead. At about one hundred decibels, that's about as mellow as I get.

I'd never heard of Labi Siffre (a bit embarrassing now I've googled him :)) but one of my friends recommended having a listen. This track, part of which was sampled by Eminem, is just awesome. Really funky with a cheeky vibe.

Totally mesmerized by the new Grizzly Bears album "Painted Ruins". I'm a sucker for vocal harmonies, acoustic guitar, jazzy offbeats, dark synths, echoey guitars, a little discordance, changing time signatures, quiet/loud dynamics, and varying textures. A rather progressive smorgasbord.

Here is another great track from it. Strange video too.

More is more. NSFW, btw.

Spot on review, though I would rate it higher.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/grizzly-bear-painted-ruins/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom