SpaceX did it

Another historic day. They seem pretty excited:

2n71kp3.jpg

360 degree camera action of the sea landing. Puts into perspective how tiny a platform that ship is. Just click on the movement icon and use your keyboard's arrow keys; WASD works too.

Next Launch and landing attempt is slated for tomorrow.

... And I thought that SpaceX was the name of an successful computer game ... :rolleyes:

Whats so special about this? Some 50 years ago we were able to launch rockets, now we are able to land them, whoopidoo. Is it safer than driving to work?

Whats so special about this? Some 50 years ago we were able to launch rockets, now we are able to land them, whoopidoo. Is it safer than driving to work?

Well, I guess you are being ironic, but just to be sure the thing about landing the rocket like that, is that it can be re-used, instead of constructing an extremely expensive new rocket before every flight.

It just got a whole lotta cheaper to put stuff in space.
Expect massive space junk problems in near future.

Btw: Musk (Owner of Space X) also plans to head to Mars soon on 2018 already as he mentioned on twitter. First only robots, for 2025 he plans a manned mission.
He plans to reveal further details in september.

Got to love this guy

I hope he succeeds but I doubt it. Radiation damage can be a killer on those Mars trips. But private corporations don't have to worry about ethics, as long as they can afford the fines.

Same special reason it's good that we don't throw away an airliner every time we fly.

SciShow space just made a short video abou it, SpaceX plans and the new discovery of the exoplanets.
That said, Sci Show Space is an awesome channel you should subscribe to if you are at least remotely interested in space stuff. ;)

Back
Top Bottom