Battle Chasers: Nightwar - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Battle Chasers: Nightwar will be released today:

Battle Chasers: Nightwar - Release Day

Battle Chasers: Nightwar is an RPG inspired by the classic console greats, featuring deep dungeon diving, turn-based combat presented in a classic JRPG format, and a rich story driven by exploration of the world.
More information.

I really don't get the point of trailers not showing a second of gameplay.

Anime boobs, hooray? :lol:

Any boobs hooray it is - when a game is based on neverfinished material.

Wccftech review:
http://wccftech.com/review/battle-chasers-nightwar-comic-book/

Really, grinding is a key word when talking about Battle Chasers: Nightwar. You gain levels slowly, money is hard to come by, and most stuff, even basics like healing potions, need to be crafted. The game expects you to take multiple trips through its dungeons to gain experience and loot, and fighting through the same turn-based battles repeatedly can become a drag. There’s a reason Diablo has always made combat as mindless as possible.

Honestly, Battle Chasers: Nightwar feels like a 15-hour game that’s been artificially pumped up to 25 hours.

Scored 7.5.
Me? I'm not buying.

Oops, posted the boobs comment somehow without adding the pic. Sorry.
Here it is, issue #3 cover:

BattleChasers_03-1.png

I'll be waiting to hear what opinions are on this, I've got no issues on tough fights and some grinding if the game is worthy of that time investment.

I have no problem with a bit of grind in RPGs, but the combination of randomly generated dungeons and grind and turn based sounds like a long slog. Don't get me wrong, I love turn based combat, but it is at its best when deployed in interesting, well-placed encounters. As a "similar" recent game, I really enjoyed Earthlock Festival of Magic, but its dungeons were carefully constructed and didn't outstay their welcome.

Whilst I was initially excited for Battle Chasers, I'm now more than a bit cautious, because this is sounding much less the story-driven turn-based RPG I'd picked up on, annd more like a turn-based Diablo.... not ideal.

Yeah if what Irien says is accurate about this game, that would pretty much eliminate it for me. Random stuff in a game really has to be well done to make a positive impact.

The trailer is a bit weird with a lack of gameplay. If I hadn't been following this game beforehand, I might have no idea what the genre was... classic JRPG, adventure game, something else?

Anyway, still hoping this turns out well but I'm less confident of that.

Click link. Both steam trailers have gameplay

The grinding will be tuned a bit according to latest KS post.
Only had time to give it a quick try so far and it looks solid enough to easily be a good game.

Mouse use felt a bit clunky to me, console issue? Too early to tell as I don't even got the hang of all the controls yet but so far keyboard works great and mouse use feels mostly slow and unneeded.

So more like Battle Chesters then?

Actually, looking on Steam the game has some potential. It all depends on how good the story is and how bad the grinding is.

The gameplay seems quite easy so far after 4 hours in. I do have to make use of items on harder battles through which are slowly getting more frequent. The graphics and voice work are nice and its a very mellow game.

I heard it was getting 4/5 stars on most gaming sites.

Back
Top Bottom