Play the demo of our upcoming rated M parody of classic RPGs

8bitsofhero

Watcher
Greetings RPGWatchers! I am the lead developer of a new indie game studio. Our first game is a RATED M parody of classic RPGs, except with a lot more sex, drugs, and leveling up. Ok maybe not more leveling up, but definitely more sex, drugs, drunken airship captains, and perverted wizards.

Our game is currently in beta and we are looking for people to test it. We are also looking to eventually hire artists, as we want the game to look 8 bit. Please forgive our art because we are currently just using stock art for testing purposes.

If you are interested in learning more, viewing our teaser trailer, or playing the demo go (remember this game would likely be rated M so if you are not over 18 yrs, please do not proceed): here

Any and all comments/suggestions/questions/feedback are welcome! Would you want to play the full game? What could be improved?

RPGmaker again?

Perv wizard? Caan I play that role? If yes…
When you finish the game, dmal, I'm buying it. At least something different from others. :evilgrin:

RPGmaker again?

Perv wizard? Caan I play that role? If yes…
When you finish the game, dmal, I'm buying it. At least something different from others. :evilgrin:

RPGMaker: yep. We actually first tried Unity3D but as much as they like to say they support 2d, it is still a 3D engine. Then we played around with making our own engine in libGDX, but the lack of documentation was rather annoying. Then I played around with RPGMaker and it was perfect for what we wanted to do - have a traditional RPG gameplay style but be able to tell our gratuitously inappropriate and at times possibly offensive story.

Perv wizard: You can't play that role since he is just a quest giver. But there is always the possibility of spinoff games!

Last edited:
You know what I'd like? A decent AAA RPG without all that.

You know what I'd like? A decent AAA RPG without all that.

You know what I'd like? D-bag off-topic posters to lay off the AAA fan-wanking in the INDIE RPG forum. Don't hate us just because we aren't Square Enix.

You know what I'd like? D-bag off-topic posters to lay off the AAA fan-wanking in the INDIE RPG forum. Don't hate us just because we aren't Square Enix.

Let me guess you don't get out much, nor have much interaction with humans in general.

"D-bag" the only people that call people that are the ones that are ones or want to be ones. Let me send you some hair gel and white framed sun glasses.

Well it was a dick move to start blabbing about AAA games in an indie forum and dumping on his game at the same time.

Sorry for the outburst there. People are entitled to their opinions to any game. I was pissed because it felt like he was dumping on all indie games and I don't think Indie RPG forum is the place for that.

Oh well. A troll is a troll, I guess.

No need to be sorry. When it comes to opinions... Well, things can sometimes get a bit intensive. ;)

Anyway, will the current demo get updated or it's supposed to be used till the game release?

No need to be sorry. When it comes to opinions… Well, things can sometimes get a bit intensive. ;)

Anyway, will the current demo get updated or it's supposed to be used till the game release?

It will be updated. We are currently working on replacing all the stock art. Also I have been considering changing the battle system considerably. The quests in the demo probably won't change to much but we may release other demos of some other parts of the game later. So, stay tuned.

Also, if you are interested, we are looking for beta testers of the full game.

Generally, the story and the events that occur in it are set and the music is too. Also, we have decided to go with 8 bit art, similar to classic jRPGs like Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy.

We are open to suggestion for most other things, like battle mechanics, enemy types and art, etc.

Hm is a game for only adults(over 18) a good idea? I'm sure they are the ones that pay for the games, but are they the ones that play them?

Hm is a game for only adults(over 18) a good idea? I'm sure they are the ones that pay for the games, but are they the ones that play them?

Really? Do you mean that the market would not be big enough? I have hit 60 and I still buy and play games, usually RPGs. I admit I buy the games that my wife plays - she's also an adult.

Of course I could be the only person over 18 who plays games. No wait David, who is in his 30s plays RPGs. Ok three of us.

Minor rant over.

[Have I just fallen in to a trap?]

regards

This is actually a really good question. At this point, we don't know exactly who would want to play this game, which is what we are currently trying to figure out. Admittedly, this is not a good way to start a business….

Honestly, we should have done a lot more research before making the game to really have an idea of the answer. But, we are not looking to ma $1B on the game. Really, we made a game that we'd like to play and hope that there are at least a few other crazy people who will also like to play it :)

Actually, we are a band first and a development studio second. We wrote the music and had been performing it live well before the game ever happened. The game tells the same story as our songs tell, but with a lot more details in between. So, yeah, we might be totally nuts.

Best of luck to you Sir, I hope to launch an RPG on kick-starter as well, although my focus is on wit more than graphics or music sadly.

I hope we both make it.

Back
Top Bottom