HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted an upcoming open world RPG - Wartales - some lore:

Wartales Q&A: The lore of Wartales

Hey Mercenaries!

Welcome to the first in a weekly series of Q&A's with our development team that will give you an exclusive look into the world of Wartales, it's development history, the future of the game, some exclusive looks at concept art and upcoming content and more as we build towards our release into Early Access later this year!

In this first Q&A, Shiro Games COO Nicolas Cannasse delves into the lore of Wartales and answers some of the more prominent community questions about this strange and hostile universe that we've found ourselves fighting to survive in.

Read on to find out more...

What were the main inspirations for the world and setting of Wartales?

"I've always been interested in medieval low fantasy settings, which are well illustrated in first seasons of Game of Thrones or several fantasy books. At first I wrote a more post-apocalyptic back-to-the-roots universe, but then we wanted it to feel more medieval while still being our own universe, so we got back to rewrite the medieval times including the old Roman Empire, the Plague, Christianism, etc. but by giving each of these topics a twist that makes it different from the history as we know it."

[...]
More information.

I really enjoyed the steam demo of this and I was disappointed when the demo was over. I hope they add more to the character progression and change how the crafting system makes a character forget all progress in a craft to change a craft.

OMG! A mercenaries game and its turn based! Woohoooo! I immediately clicked on the Steam Demo link and began to download. To make sure I don't lose this game I also bookmarked it.
While the demo was downloading I checked out this gameplay video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gLcvCeBY-Q
, which caused me to like this game less and less and LESSSSSSSSS, when finally I went over to the Steam client, stopped the demo download and uninstalled the game.

Bookmark Deleted from Browser.

F O R G E T W A R E ! ™

Actually its good such games are coming out. They show how much room we have advertising our own game. :D

I tried the demo briefly today and thought it was ok. It's a little on the simplistic side, but it's still only in Alpha.

Back
Top Bottom