Drakensang Oracle Stones

Netsonar

Traveler
Where are the oracle stones located I cleared the amoeba, killed the spiders, killed the big spider, got the note, got both wings but I can not find the stones anywhere. I would appreciate some help.

Where are the oracle stones located I cleared the amoeba, killed the spiders, killed the big spider, got the note, got both wings but I can not find the stones anywhere. I would appreciate some help.

In the cave section behind the (big) emerald spider there is the corpse of one of those cultists (who carried the note you probably meant). Close to the corpse, laying on the ground, is the third part of the oracle statue.

BIG thnx, was stuck at the same place as netsonar.

Ditto! I saw your post last night and had to slow-run all the way back to the bottom. I'm running in low-texture mode and the piece was almost invisible next to the dead goblin. I'm going to have to mod the speed with SQL.

*sigh* you guys killed the amoebas, and then some spiders on top of that?
The bloomin amoebas are owning me even with all my buff spells on.... :'(

Back to the drawning board for me, although I think there is still another quest or so that I can do @ the harbour, have not killed the boss-rat yet either, I ran away like a wussie when Gladys got killed..... :embarrassed:

Lure the amoebas out one after the other. Concentrate as many party members as possible on the same amoeba.

Yes, I think my problem has been that they tend to come from different directions- and before I realise it, my group is slplit up, fighting an amoeba each. But of course, as they move slowly, luring them into a seperate area sounds like a good strategy. Thanks!

Yes, I think my problem has been that they tend to come from different directions- and before I realise it, my group is slplit up, fighting an amoeba each. But of course, as they move slowly, luring them into a seperate area sounds like a good strategy. Thanks!

I don't know if you have noticed it yet, but amoebas have an insanely high regeneration rate. If you only have 1 or 2 characters attacking one, you'll never kill it. Not only do you have to gang on them, but you need to do lots of concentrated damage (use your specials and spells). They also have a power that stuns those around, so stay away from them if you have the option (my amazon was equally good with a saber or bow, against amoebas she used the bow)

Aha, so ranged if possible you say? Thanks, can do. Will use some poisoned arrows..

Last edited:
I used the bow only to lure single amoebas into the caring hands of my melee fighters, which do more damage.

And yes, I also had to ask somewhere because I missed the main body part of the oracle.

Fire and lightning seemed to do a more or less similar job for me against those stinky amoebas. The spiders were absolute cake compared to those stinkers, I hardly even noticed the spiders.

Admittedly I could never have beaten the amoebas if I did not lure them out one by one, and by keeping my distance and sending out a tank (with anti-fear amulet) and a pet to engage them while pelting them from afar by rangers. Finally I'm catching on fast to tactics in this game, as the amoebas were actually a great tutorial.

The main benefit of using bows is that you can quickly inflict wounds on your enemies. Difficult bosses are usually immune, but lesser critters are not. Inflict 5 wounds on a target and it dies instantly - that's what those rats taught me. In my first run-through I developed my main character (Ranger) so that he could do the best special shot (2 wounds) two times in succession, especially effective with a short bow (no reload time). Special abilities use Endurance, which is fueled by Constitution and some talents, so that's what I had to increase a bit. You can also inflict wounds when doing a lot of damage at once with a bow, which is why long bows are probably more effective in the long run.

My rogue had an attack that inflicted wounds and used a rapier that had a 25% chance to cause a wound, later even my elven spellweaver could use one of the bow talents for 1 extra wound.

My party was severely lacking in area damage though, although a magic heavy party is something I'm exploring now in my second run through the game.

Back
Top Bottom