Rumor: TombRaider2 fans slap Microsoft

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Tomb Raider 2 reboot known as "Rise of Tomb Raider" did 98% of sales through Steam and just 2% on Microsoft's windows10 bloatware store:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1230573
The Windows Store is a giant disaster. It’s on fire. 98% of PC copies of Rise of the Tomb Raider, a flagship Windows 10 game, were bought on Steam

While this is a rumor category, no name from Square Enix or Microsoft actually confirmed this, I bet it's true.
I'll never understand why is Microsoft trying to push phone idiocies on PC starting with win8 and while fixing the horrible UI in win10, they felt applestore/googlestore clone as necessary.

One thing more not much related but interesting to know.
Tomb Raider 2 uses new Denuvo, not the one from some DarkSouls whatchamacallit clone, not the one from DragonAge3.
It was released on PC 28.01. and after more than 4 months it's still not cracked.
Meanwhile, pirated copies for Xbox - exist!
So much for piracy on PC and making games for consoles because piracy excuse some bigshots like Ubi's director bullshit about.

I didn't know Tomb Raider 2 was even in the Windows Store! Not that I even allowed that store to install on my PC...

Ubi's boss said that long before Denuvo. It's VERY good to hear that it works so well, though!

The Windows Store is a giant disaster. It’s on fire. 98% of PC copies of Rise of the Tomb Raider, a flagship Windows 10 game, were bought on Steam

zddOoGA.jpg

What is it with MS lately, anyway? In days of yore, when they fell behind in some technology they would just buy one of the leaders. Why don't they just buy Valve?

Back
Top Bottom