HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PCGamesN found seven Fire Emblem PC alternatives:

Looking for a Fire Emblem PC game? Here are seven alternatives to try

All the squares you could hope for

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is a unique union of Persona and grid-based warfare. It manages to make building an army fun as well as a megalomaniacal necessity. Unfortunately, the fantastical TRPG (that's tactical role-playing game) series is exclusive to Nintendo platforms. Bummer. But don't despair; there are a ton of similar games available right now on PC.

Indeed, from tiny mech battles to post-apocalyptic road trips, you might argue that there has never been a better time to dive into classic grid-based tactics games. They may not let you share tea with your students-turned-soldiers, but the format has been applied to a huge range of settings with a number of twists thrown in, offering more depth and diversity in turn-based combat than we've enough free time to enjoy.

[...]

More information.

I can understand VC4 (teamup, sidestories for teammembers, unique battle system, superb japanese voiceover, etc), but the rest of suggested titles... LOL

* Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark great game inspired by FFT
* Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs
* Expeditions: Viking
* Children of Zodiarcs
* Forged of Blood
* Disgaea
* GOD WARS The Complete Legend

Last edited:
I bet just about every single person here on the watch could come up with a more comprehensive list of pc alternatives. Shadowrun and Banner Saga are nothing like Fire Emblem, at least not to me. Granted I've not played the third Banner Saga game yet, but I doubt it's vastly different from the prior two.

I keep hoping we'll eventually get games like Fire Emblem and the Persona series for computers, hope along with me!

So this was basicaly a "here is a list with games which have some sort of top down tactical turnbased combat".

Which...if titled like that, wouldn't be too bad. ^^

The Trials of Cold Steel games aren't turn based tactical games, but they are also more similar to Fire Emblem than anything on their list save Valkyrie Chronicles.

I would agree with a Trail of Cold Steel being closer in comparison, and, on top of that, they are excellent games, regardless of how you might feel about the Fire Emblem franchise.

I'm a little surprised the article didn't mention Vestaria Saga, made by the guy who made... Fire Emblem.

Game looks like it's done in rpgmaker but hey, it's free. It's already out in Japan and the English translation looks like it's coming out this year (gotta pay for the translation though).

I've not heard of Vestaria Saga, but I see it appears to be coming out on Steam later this year, and looks like something that would be right up my alley. Thanks for the heads-up!!!

Back
Top Bottom