Gothic 3 Having problems with missing console!

@Gorath,
i think i'm using the wrong word (official) i mean the last patch under direction and instigated by PB only (via Jowood) before any community involvement...patch 1.12 sounds about right, at least via the official Gothic 3 web site.

@standjo, more to try...
The gothic series is/was well known for it's fast operating type-matic rate (type input speed) which can effect the letters or characters entered to be erratic - even typing the correct set of letters or characters within the game running menu's can 'miss' being entered - typing very fast can sometimes solve the input problem but it's a nuisance. If your bios has a type-matic rate setting try to adjust as slow as possible (or experiment on some fast settings) preferably in the bios but also try in windows control panel. Also somewhere is a key input speed within the ini. settings but i not very familiar with this in G3 - it's worth a try because it sometimes solved G1 and G2 fast key input problems.

@Gorath,
i think i'm using the wrong word (official) i mean the last patch under direction and instigated by PB only (via Jowood) before any community involvement...patch 1.12 sounds about right, at least via the official Gothic 3 web site.
Yeah, 1.12 was the last PB patch. If I ever install it again I will use CP 1.7 though. PB's game was too mediocre for my taste.

You have to type marvin really fast. Just the marked letters, no Enter, no space.

The non-functional console is a common problem under Vista.

Next try:
Edit the .ini again.
Then go to your windows system manager (or whatever this is called in the English Vista. The thing were all devices are listed.) Locate and remove the following driver, if it's installed:
"(Human Interface Devices)", "Microsoft eHome-Infraredtransceiver"

According to the source it will be automatically reinstalled after the next reboot. If that's correct you can't damage anything. This driver blocks the key which opens the console.

Wow! :D That solved the case! For any other games as well. :)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

This is a great forum!

Back
Top Bottom