The forgotten and partially flawed gem : Evil Genius

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Well, I just wanted to look a few minutes into the game again.

I've been sitting in fact for 2-3 hours there, watching and fine-tuneing everything.

It it now 1.45 at night local time and I can't belie I've spent so much time with it again !

This is one of my favourite games. Unique, in several ways. A forgotten and in some parts flawed gem. Becaue, for example, there's so many secrets to find out, but no help on that ...

If you ever install it, don't forget to install the demo as well, vbecause it contains an additional ghenchman and objects that the full version doesn't have !

Unfortunately the really good fan site of "Planet Evil Genius" seems to be down now ... You could find quite a lot of information there !

Anyway ... good night. Must get some sleep ...

Alrik

I completed it a few years ago. Solid game, had quite a lot of fun with it.

Never played EG, but I've seen some YouTube videos of it, and it does look interesting.

Is there anything you could compare it to?

The old hospital game by Bullfrog comes to mind, though EG is more fun. Maybe with a bit of dungeon keeper sprinkled on top. Hard to explain.

Never played much by Bullfrog. Dungeon Keeper a litle bit.
To me it's still kind of unique.

Like in Overlord you have lots of minions - but in Evil Genius it's rather looking like some kind of strategy game. Full in 70s style.

I played it several years ago. As usual, my interest waned when there started to be too many things going on, but it was fun.

Never played EG, but I've seen some YouTube videos of it, and it does look interesting.

Is there anything you could compare it to?
Dungeon Keeper, like people have already said, and Startopia.

I once tried Startopia, but somehow couldn't understand the controls or so.
It's so long ago now.

I'd love that, i feel like there was a dungeon keeper 3 being made, maybe a mmorpg? But it was only going to be released in some asian countries? That was a while ago when I was looking for an updated game, mod for another on.

I loved evil genius, so much to build, unique ways to use some items..but I reached my limit when I was unable to give the specific orders I wanted, or completely the objective i wanted.

Traps were fun though.

And i did not realize I was on the second page when i hit reply, oops

Since Elixir has dissolved, there's only few hope for a sequel, but a while ago a company called "Rebellion" bought the IP.
And the composer of the excellent music has died several yers ago, too.

Edit : Oh, I just noticed that GOG has it, too ! http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/evil_genius

On GOG I just found a nice game called "The Marvellous Miss Take".

What astonishes me about that game is its art style : It reminds me a *lot* of "Evil Genius" !
So much in fact that I wonder whether a) artists from there participated in doing that game, or/and b) the developers who did "Miss Take" were playing "Evil Genius" too much ? ;)

Anyway, I like it. It looks very cartoony to me. ;)

Back
Top Bottom