You Don't Know Jack fans?

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq
one of my favourite pc games ever are the you don't know jack games. hadn't heard and news on the ydnj front since lost gold came out a few years ago. apparently a few months ago they started making web epidsodes. if you've never played any ydnj i highly recommend "ydnj: the ride"-easily the best one. but in the meantime old or new fans should check out the site.
http://www.youdontknowjack.com/

i really hope this site doesn't work at the office otherwise my breaks for the next few months will be "accounted" for...

oh and i'm not sure if they all are but the most recent and the first episode are hosted by my favourite jack host -"Cookie"

I liked the first game very much and played it often together with my sister. :)

I found it quite hilarious. :D

I bought the second game, but never any further on.

Besides, I don't really know how many of these games were actually released here in Germany. In my mind, I'm only sure of 3, but blurred of 5.

Edit: Just found this: http://store.youdontknowjack.com/product.php?productid=5&cat=1&page=2

Would be interesting to have that in my own language. :D

hmm, I always was under the impression that this was a sports trivia game, which I would have nothing to do with since I'm missing that particular male pro sports interest chromosome.

I guess, I truly do not know Jack!

nope there's only one sports edition out of the close to dozen versions. the sports is the only one i've never played:)

I played the first You Don't Know Jack and found it extremely entertaining.
Sports trivia? *shudder* Those are the ones I pass whenever I can! Following just one sport loosely on TV doesn't make me an expert, and practicing one sport which regularly doesn't make it to question level doesn't help, either :p.

you guys really need to play the ride edition its about 100 times better than the first edition. its a masterpiece. each game is themed, and there's some awesome in game bonus rounds.

We played it at work 10-12 years ago and it was good fun.

I remember it shipped with the Mac so it was one of the few crossover games around that time when that machine was suffering badly. The demo had an audio trivia where he "randomly" called some environmentalist in Seattle who asked what was the least recyclable product out there. At the time it was rubber tires and I knew the answer.

It lost its luster after a few times we played through it and so I got an idea one time when we got to the lightning round: see how bad I can lose.

The first guy I did this to took a few seconds to catch on to what I was doing and then suddenly he was racing to catch up (down). I beat him by losing by $100 000 or some such.

There was a short lived TV version of the show I remember.

Back
Top Bottom