Kingmaker - Beta One Arriving 5th April

I like the nice little touches. Like when reading dialogue, hovering over a highlighted word will give you the background lore.

That idea was implemented quite well in Tyranny I thought. Good to see it continuing on here.

I'm happy to read the excitement for the game; Bjon's, purple's and Wolf's enthusiasm is quite persuasive. I'll definitely be picking this up at some point.

I haven't really been gaming much lately for work and life related reasons, but it's titles like this one which help keep the flames burning for the genre. :)

I got my Beta key today. Luckily enough I just started Elex so before I'm finished with that I might have forgotten about this which will prevent me from spoiling myself…but...I REALLY want to try out that character editor.

I've decided I'm just not made for party-based games anymore unless it's something simple like Might and Magic. I can't remember ever finishing any games like this except Icewind Dale. I like controlling just me :D Looks like this game is going to be good though for those who like these types.

I'm ready for work to be over now so I can try out some more.

I'm hoping the success of this, might give us a toolkit and/or multiplayer so we can have something along the lines of a new age NWN.

Why don't you just play around with character generation then? ;) I spent at least an hour just doing that.

I could. But I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be satisfied there, I mean, if I create a character there can be no harm in trying it out just a little...can it? And then it will go downhill from there. Easier to stay away completely than to have a bite and THEN stay away.

I could. But I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be satisfied there, I mean, if I create a character there can be no harm in trying it out just a little…can it? And then it will go downhill from there. Easier to stay away completely than to have a bite and THEN stay away.

8112738fe6f672598005b07f57a7108325aa23b9eda324632ac6d02a5b354497.jpg

Some real good feedback on beta in owlcat forums. This game is shaping really nicely.

Why don't you just play around with character generation then? ;) I spent at least an hour just doing that.
You gotta pump those numbers. Those are rookie numbers.
;)

I've logged well in excess of 40 bugs now with about 4 play-trough's in progress at various stages. Bugs vary from Feats with the wrong names, Feats with the wrong prerequisites (i.e. Extra Bombs feat requires Channel Divinity!!! when it should require Bomb making!), monsters still standing up after being killed, quick save and quick load not resetting fog of war and not resetting certain events, feats not functioning as per the rule set, attack bonuses not applying correctly and display issues in the character tabs i.e. certain feats display twice.

The more bugs we log now the better the end result we will get!

Well done, Bjon!

I logged quite a few as well - some characters are invisible, getting random permanent fatigues etc...

I'm giving it a few days break since I keep getting slowed by incorrect weight + fatigue issue.

Is this going to have a lot of content, like BG1? I don't expect it to be as dense as BG2 but BG1 felt epic and took me 100 hours to beat (each time I beat it, crazy.)

Hoping it's old school in that regard too. With organic BG1 style exploration.

Is this going to have a lot of content, like BG1? I don't expect it to be as dense as BG2 but BG1 felt epic and took me 100 hours to beat (each time I beat it, crazy.)

Hoping it's old school in that regard too. With organic BG1 style exploration.
Hopefully it feels more epic in its exploration than PoE did with those small maps and not even a lot of them.

The fatigue affects weight because it lowers strength. I think it is a bit out of balance (or just buggy) as right now my party can barely carry anything when fatigued because of the reduced strength. I can carry our gear, rations, and a few potions. Not a whole lot more. So even if not bugged it isn't balanced in the sense it isn't fun if you can't carry anything over essentials (realistic or not). Need to carry some loot after all.

I think while camping anyone you set to guard may not get a full nights sleep and could end up fatigued. Not sure. I know I had one case where I camped and was attacked after 5 hours. Afterwards I made camp again and set 4 guards (my whole crew) and after a full rest we were still all fatigued. I then rested again, with no guards, and was fine. Could be bugs and/or could be guard duty (mechanics).

I have 4 characters now all level 2 (Druid, Ranger, Barbarian, Sorcerer). My Ranger is my main and he has started doing some of the main quest and more exploring. I can't carry a lot of loot but still playable as long as I don't get over weight limit (which makes you move so slow its painful - although if I enter combat the speed is the same). I also think the movement rate could be increased, in general, by maybe 20% or something.

Still enjoying things though :)

I think devs said the weight thing need to be re-worked which is great :) hoping they will also look into the fatigue issue.

Agree that game is very much enjoyable regardless. Im a bit time poor at the moment, but looking forward to sink in more hours on weekend!!

Last edited:
Well those issues are the reason why this game has a beta version. For a smaller dev team is it always useful to get fresh eyes to comment on design choices and problems they are too close to notice.

All the above posts are increasing my expectations. Do we have an official release date?

End of Summer or some time in Autumn.

Thanks for the info. It's a long time then. I think i'll buy POE 2, even though i dropped the first around in the middle with many complaints.

Still looking for an rpg that will keep till the end. Last game i finished was Witcher 3.

Back
Top Bottom