All this RPG Goodness

Madigan

The Sleeper has Awoken
I found this link to a Russian site called crpg.ru, and after spending quite alot of time there, i came to the conclusion that i somewhat already knew, and that is It's tough being an RPG fan in America. Many of these games i recognized and some titles were cancelled but many i have never even seen before. This selection makes you wish you knew a couple dozen more languages. ENJOY!!

CRPG Screenshot Gallery

Has anyone heard anything about "The Dark Eye: Demonicon"? This one looks promising.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything about "The Dark Eye: Demonicon"? This one looks promising.
Appartently there's an entry in our database here.
Dhruin will know more.

There are many MMOs and hybrids on that list but nevertheless it's quite good.

i came to the conclusion that i somewhat already knew, and that is It's tough being an RPG fan in America.

I agree 100%, at least concerning the past year. I made a comment here before about how 2009 was a weak year for crpgs in the US, and was surprised to see how many people vehemently argued with me about my opinion. There's only 1 decent RPG that comes to mind that was developed by a US studio last year. All the good titles I played were foreign made.

That'll teach you for having tea parties in Boston.

Bow to your oversea overlords.

Last edited:
I've been warned about Russian/Ukrainian games at the codex. Basically several of the Russians and Ukrainians told me to check out the ag.ru reviews of games and that if they were less that 70%(most are either in the 70s or 50 or less — can sometimes get decent machine translation of the reviews) or so they were most likely complete and utter - - - -. (I asked over there because I knew that there were several Russians/Ukrainians when gamersgate started getting alot of 1C and other Russian games… one of the RPGs(Borderzone IIRC) sounded interesting but I was quickly disabused of that notion…)

"Demonicon" is an TDE game. Like Drakensang.

The setting is The Black Lands or how they are called. Not without reason.

The constantly irritating thing is that this smells far too much like Action-RPG - BUT the developers *always* deny so !

So - there is little information on it - even in Germany. We just don't know enough about it, apart from the rough outlines of the story (murdered father; search for the murderer; Elf as an ally) and a few bits and screenshots.

The above mentioned database entry has some information about it filed under "news" :
http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/news?ref=0&id=369

I agree 100%, at least concerning the past year. I made a comment here before about how 2009 was a weak year for crpgs in the US, and was surprised to see how many people vehemently argued with me about my opinion. There's only 1 decent RPG that comes to mind that was developed by a US studio last year. All the good titles I played were foreign made.

That wasn't quite the way things went - your opinion was about RPG's available to the US, not made IN the US ... but yeah, everyone missed the fact that you clearly said 'available in the US' ... so Divinity 2 and Venetica were out ...

I still don't get it : TGC still denies that "Demonicon" will become an Action-ROG, but on the other hand everything screams "A-RPG !" :

http://www.the-games-company.com/de/games/pc/demonicon/

It's in German, though.

Among other things : Multiplayer mode. A novelty among TDE games.

That wasn't what I was trying to imply here, but that's ok. :)
The comment about US developed games was meant to be seperate.

Ah - I get it!

Here is a strawman - fewer US made RPG's is a GOOD thing, as those lumbering AAA giants tend to have fewer of the core properties that traditional RPG fans care about, and their popularity causes public push for others to try to mimic them rather than producing games that the developer can actually finish and polish correctly. Thought? Discuss! ;)

The previews so far mean nothing. I've seen the same presentation at the GC. All that was shown was video / tech demo stuff. Everything else was just explained verbally. The few things they showed looked nice and the presentation was very professional though. Don't expect the game before mid 2011.

Ah - I get it!

Here is a strawman - fewer US made RPG's is a GOOD thing, as those lumbering AAA giants tend to have fewer of the core properties that traditional RPG fans care about, and their popularity causes public push for others to try to mimic them rather than producing games that the developer can actually finish and polish correctly. Thought? Discuss! ;)

You could say the same for Japanese-developed games coming to the US. Face it, for some reason the US market is considered unable to accept either difficult games, RPGs of any depth beyond Diablo's, manual transmissions, and hatchback cars.

And I prefer all four. Though I still want a Studebaker Hawk.

Back
Top Bottom