Dark Discussion [Spoilers]

I didn't want to polute the currently watching thread with this discussion, so I started a new thread.

I'm only on the 5th episode of season 2 (Lost and Found), and this is the first time I've found something that either really makes no sense and is a plothole, or maybe they'll explain it later on? Anyway, if it's explained later on, then just confirmation of this would be enough, with as little spoilers as possible.

So, Jonas is talking to his oldest self, Adam. And Jonas says that the moment to return to, in order stop the loop, is before his dad commits suicide. And Adams confirms that if he were to stop his dad from commiting suicide, it all stops. With just himself being gone.

First of all, I get this is Jonas's idea, so Adam might just be going along with this to get what he wants. But if it's so, is Jonas really that naive to believe that will stop all of this? Because it doesn't make any sense that it would stop.

Even if Jonas does stop his dad from commiting suicide, why would that stop Mikkel from going into the caves? I can't remember exactly why Mikkel hid inside the caves initially, but what's to stop him from going there for any other reason?

And even if this stops Mikkel from time-traveling, how would that not cause a paradox. In order for Jonas to stop his father, he needs to exist, and thus needs Mikkel to time-travel.

Anyways, I find it hard to believe Jonas would believe this. But if he does believe this, and will do this, is this how Adam expects the loop to stop? By causing a paradox? I realize there's still one more season, so I guess it can't end that fast. So maybe more weird stuff will happen? Which is fine by me. I guess I just have a problem suspending my disbelief that Jonas would believe that stopping his dad from killing himself, would stop all of this and still leave the world intact (except for himself)

Even if Jonas does stop his dad from commiting suicide, why would that stop Mikkel from going into the caves? I can't remember exactly why Mikkel hid inside the caves initially, but what's to stop him from going there for any other reason?

You just need to keep watching. Things like that will be answered. Unless you'd like me to tell you now and spoil it for you. :)

Yup, keep watching, they don't really leave much open-ended, all will be explained. Yet for me, I didn't find the second series nearly as good as I did the prior one.

I'm one episode away from the end of season 2. And it's getting convoluted again. I'm having trouble knowing which of the events are just part of the loop, and which are attempts to circumvent the loop. And so far, each one has just been part of the loop. It feels endless. I guess I just need to let go, and try to enjoy it.

Also, the family drama now that apparently everyone knows about and uses the time machine is getting tiresome. I'm still amazed at how common and banal it's become to travel throug time. :lol:

Finished season 2. Just when I thought it couldn't get more convoluted. :lol:

Am I the only one who feels there's just too much? I never thought I'd have issues following a time-travel story if I payed attention. So either I just lost track of the story, or it's just hard to follow. Or more likely, I've probably not payed enough attention since it started to lose me.

Yeah, the ending of season 2 is definitely a "wtf?" moment. I still haven't watched season 3 yet.

First episode of season 3 clarifies things a little bit, or at least gives more context. And also amplifies the complexity of the whole situation quite a bit. But I still feel like I'm just going with the flow most of the time, since I abandoned the hope to keep the events in check.

It might be intentional that it feels like such a mess, since that amount of messing around with time, I would imagine would lead to such a mess. I just hope that by the end it still has me captivated enough that it can pull off the emotional thing I imagine it will want to pull off.

Back
Top Bottom