What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

A friend of mine blackmailed me. I had to watch Ong Bak in order to persuade him into watching The Raid (both).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368909/

While not a spectacular bonebreaker as both The Raid movies, I can safely suggest watching it, feels like the best Jackie Chan works. Plenty of combat, plenty of humor.
Can't believe I didn't hear about this one before. Seems it also has two sequels (prequels in fact) so I'll definetly give those a shot too.

Under the Skin.

Like a weirder and more sinister take on The Man Who Fell to Earth. Barely even a movie by traditional standards. I liked it. Would have been better with an unknown actress in place of Scarlett Johansson, because her familiarity distracts from the extreme mindfreak.

Just got done watching Dragon heart 3. What can I say it was about what I expected not very good but still entertaining.

The Grand Budapest Hotel 10/10 *****/*****

The writing amazing.
The setting even better.
The acting I don't know how they kept a straight face while making this film.
It is everything I have been looking for in a strange, funny, make you think movie.

Just a classic that I will watch again and again over time.

The Grand Budapest Hotel 10/10 *****/*****

The writing amazing.
The setting even better.
The acting I don't know how they kept a straight face while making this film.
It is everything I have been looking for in a strange, funny, make you think movie.

Just a classic that I will watch again and again over time.

Amen to that. One of my new favourites.

The Humbling

Al Pacino gives a masterful performance. Very convincing film that will have you thinking, ala a David Lynch-style film. What's real and what's fantasy? The movie takes a tour of the psyche of a man detached from reality who can't come to grips with his own identity.

Really a must-see if you're into abstract and strange movies that deal with the human mind.

The Humbling

Al Pacino gives a masterful performance. Very convincing film that will have you thinking, ala a David Lynch-style film. What's real and what's fantasy? The movie takes a tour of the psyche of a man detached from reality who can't come to grips with his own identity.

Really a must-see if you're into abstract and strange movies that deal with the human mind.

I will watch it on the plane Monday, just checked out the trailer it looks good.

I loved it, Celtic, but I'm a big Lynch fan and fan of strangeness/weirdness.

I have some theories about this movie if you'd like to hear them after you watch it. Yes, it's the type of movie you make theories about. :D

Enjoy!

I loved it, Celtic, but I'm a big Lynch fan and fan of strangeness/weirdness.

I have some theories about this movie if you'd like to hear them after you watch it. Yes, it's the type of movie you make theories about. :D

Enjoy!

We should and I will message you on what I thought on this movie. I am downloading it right now so I have to watch either on the flight down to my meetings or the way back.

Watch "what we do in the shadows" and " The grand Budapest hotel" they are comedies along this level of thinking.

Also like ripper was talking about "Under the skin" great great movie. Though I love her so I want to she her in everything...those hips

I'm a big Lynch fan and fan of strangeness/weirdness.

You need to see Under the Skin, if you haven't. Oh brother… you will see some weirdness.

The Humbling is a dark comedy as well. There's some hilarious bits in it.

Thanks for the suggestions on the other films. I'm about to invest in something like Netflix. What's the general consensus of these various movie apps? I have to get whatever I get on my mom's Wii, because she wants to use it, so I'm open to suggestions.

I don't know if this app or site shouldn't post it here if not please take it down.

Popcorn time. Google it, I use it though I do go to the movies 3-4 times a month.

We watched the Grand Budapest Hotel last night, I loved it.....the wife liked it but not so much, I think. Me, I'm gonna watch it again soon, guaranteed....I think it might take a few views to catch everything that was going on there. Might read the book as well at some point.

Just saw Kingsman, The Secret Service, was actually pretty good. Pretty violent, lots of action, but somewhat humorous too. Almost a James Bond spoof, but not quite, I recommend it as long as your not expecting a master piece.

I don't know if this app or site shouldn't post it here if not please take it down.
That p2p_client provides nonlegal streams.
Not sure if you should delete it however. For what I know there are efforts to make it legal.

The whole problem is again the movie industry and co called regions. While music industry got rid of that idiocy ages ago, for whatever reason movies industry is still operating in ice age and because of that Hulu, Netflix, Funimation, etc are not available worldwide. Even worldwide legal sites like Crunchyroll are limited, they can stream just some things in your area but not everything.
The level of ignorance of that same stupid industry goes so high that they're unaware of VPNs that can bypass area locks.

But it all comes down to the statement made by a certain Aussie politician.
You want piracy stopped? First allow people to buy something and offer it!

Question ... wife and I are planning to head to the movies on Friday and the local 'art house' theater has both Birdman and The Imitation Game, both of which we want to see. Thoughts?

Imitation Game is a completely by-the-numbers and predictable melodrama with a lot of freedom taken when it comes to historical accuracy, to saturate you with empathy for the main character and the movie pretends he was all alone doing all those things. But it's ok - and if you don't mind being manipulated, it's entertaining enough. Also, given your strong feelings about how people discriminate against minorities, it might work for you more than it did for me. Also, it's a technically competent film that looks great.

Birdman is an actor's film with excellent performances and entertaining dialogue. The plot is sort of a modern take on the plot from Sunset Boulevard - which also makes it somewhat derivative and slightly overrated when it comes to originality.

Personally, I think Birdman is the better film.

Seventh Son was a fun flick. Setting was great and Jeff Bridges was unexpectedly fantastic in this one. If you go in expecting little you may be pleasantly surprised. About on par with Clash & Wrath of the Titans in terms of entertainment value.

Back
Top Bottom