Final Fantasy VI - Review @ COG

Replaced the warbling with actual singing in the Opera House? Thank goodness!

I wonder if they did anything to help you find your way around the screens? The 2D pixelly layouts make it hard to figure out where you can and can't go.

The two Final Fantasies I played last year, one and two of the remastered pixel versions were excellent. I picked up the third earlier this week and I'm looking forward to playing it soon, likely next month. I'll be skipping the fourth game for now, yet picked up the fifth and this one as well. Based on what I saw in the two games that I've played, these guys did a great job on remastering the series and I suspect this one will not disappoint.

I wonder if they did anything to help you find your way around the screens? The 2D pixelly layouts make it hard to figure out where you can and can't go.

I always thought the older FF games were pretty clean in that way. Are you talking about navigating the dungeons? You'd hit a dead end sometimes, but it's not like any of the dungeons were very large.

Replaced the warbling with actual singing in the Opera House? Thank goodness!

I haven't played the pixel remaster of FFVI yet, but the other pixel remasters added a mini-map in the upper corner that was visible in towns and dungeons

Some of the versions of Final Fantasy games that came out like five to eight years ago always seemed a tad darker to me, like the palettes had been toned down or, in some cases, changed. These pixel remasters seem to evoke the original brightness that these games had, and overall seem a clearer, easier-to-navigate version, in my opinion.

Are you talking about navigating the dungeons?
I mean navigating on screen. For instance, there would be a house that you are supposed to be able to walk behind, but there's no way to know it. Like this:

P.S. Ahhh, my old desktop!

I mean navigating on screen. For instance, there would be a house that you are supposed to be able to walk behind, but there's no way to know it. Like this.

I see what you mean now. I don't remember that being much of an issue on the SNES, but that version had a slightly different look.

That first Steam release was pretty ugly.

Back
Top Bottom