Aurion - Kickstarter featured at Eye on Africa

It's not important, but I think that the TV Channel is "France24", and "Eye on Africa" is the name of one of their TV shows :
http://www.france24.com/en/tv-shows/eye-africa/

By the way, it's so rare that a game made in Africa has some media coverage, I hope that they will succeed their Kickstarter and that the game will be good!

Because everyone deserves a chance to underdeliver.

Could be the slogan of a KS project to help ending systemic inequality on KS.

Wonder if this would get funded...

Underdeliver? Looks pretty solid to me. Too actionny for my tastes but backed. I know people I can gift it to.

I backed it ! I want to see black programmers, artists, and designers do their own thing and be successful at it. This may not be exactly the game I want to play, but if it works out for them, they might have more resources to deliver more "RPG-ish" games in the future.

Just backed it today. I'm not totally sold on the concept but I LOVE variety and I also like the idea of giving some African guys a chance. I'd really like to see more game from different cultures which would also broaden the range of available myths and stories and cultural influences in gaming. So they have my backing. :)

Why do you guys keep saying African guys? The Devs are from France……or am I missing something? The game is set in Africa, not made or developed in Africa.

Why do you guys keep saying African guys? The Devs are from France……or am I missing something? The game is set in Africa, not made or developed in Africa.

Info on the Kickstarter page:
We are twenty young Cameroonians working on the project, one the few, if not the only, game developer in Cameroon. We are all graduated in Cameroonian Universities and High schools (no one in the team has studied abroad). We want to show the world our professionalism and stand as models of inspiration for our young brothers and sisters. We are grateful to be assisted by consultants and volunteers.

I think I read that they're based in Cameroon, so French speaking.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Thanks, Eye. I couldn't figure it out. I just went to the Dev page and it says France.

According to the KS site the studio is based in Yaounde in Cameroon. French is the official and most common language in Cameroon, so of course they speak French. ;)

Update #6: Veteran Game Designers Join the Kiro'o Games Team at $75,000 Stretch Goal!
Today we are delighted to announce two great names in the video game industry who will join the Kiro'o Games team as game design consultants.
Paul Bertone (Halo) and Didier Chanfray (Little Big series) will be working hand-in-hand with the Kiro’o team to ensure Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan is delivered as the highest quality possible!

Back
Top Bottom