|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher 2 » Anyone using their Witcher 1 save?

Default Anyone using their Witcher 1 save?

May 21st, 2011, 16:03
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I thought I had sided with the Order since I had chosen them all but one time throughout the game, but deciding not to take sides in the big fight in ch4 made all my prior choices moot.
Yeah, the neutral path is always opened regardless of choices made prior to that fight, but afaik you´re always locked out of possibility to side with one of the factions which depends on the choice made during the bank incident.
DeepO is offline

DeepO

DeepO's Avatar
deep outside

#21

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Prague
Posts: 2,436
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Default 

May 21st, 2011, 16:23
Originally Posted by DeepO View Post
Yeah, the neutral path is always opened regardless of choices made prior to that fight, but afaik you´re always locked out of possibility to side with one of the factions which depends on the choice made during the bank incident.
Yes! The "big event" offers you two choices, one of them being the neutral one. The third choice is unavailable due to your previous decisions. So this talk about "an event making all your previous choices moot" is simply false.
Elwro is offline

Elwro

Elwro's Avatar
Filthy Codex Spy

#22

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

May 22nd, 2011, 06:06
So if you aid the Squirells at the bank you can't side with the Order after that? Period? And vice versa? That I didn't know. So essentially you have three choices up to the bank robbery and then it's narrowed down to two, but depending on your decision at the bank one of those two remaining choices will be different. Interesting.
--
..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880
Jabberwocky is offline

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky's Avatar
True Synaesthete

#23

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 1,081
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

May 22nd, 2011, 06:28
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
So if you aid the Squirells at the bank you can't side with the Order after that? Period? And vice versa? That I didn't know. So essentially you have three choices up to the bank robbery and then it's narrowed down to two, but depending on your decision at the bank one of those two remaining choices will be different. Interesting.
I didn't know that either, and I don't recall it happening like that during my first playthrough. I'll have to keep that in mind when I replay it.

Edit- Here's a link to a complete decision checklist for TW1 if anyone is interested.
Last edited by JDR13; May 22nd, 2011 at 06:39.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#24

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 25,218
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

Default 

May 22nd, 2011, 12:39
I do remember not be able do some order related stuff after to have help the squirells. Like a quest helping Order not possible anymore, or a merchant non available anymore. I also remember dialog with the squirells clearly explaining a graduate involvement and warn me that at some point I couldn't make backward decisions from this point, meaning it was possible before.
Dasale is offline

Dasale

SasqWatch

#25

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,712
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Default 

May 26th, 2011, 21:58
TW2 cheapens TW1 as the best armour and weapons in the first installement are top notch upstart gear but are quickly outdated by some regular gear.

They should have let the player start with exceptional gear and withdraw it from him as the opportunities show. Probably a lack of resources.
ChienAboyeur is offline

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

#26

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,172
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

May 26th, 2011, 22:50
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
TW2 cheapens TW1 as the best armour and weapons in the first installement are top notch upstart gear but are quickly outdated by some regular gear.

They should have let the player start with exceptional gear and withdraw it from him as the opportunities show. Probably a lack of resources.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. I don't have a problem with it though. They have to give you a feeling of accomplishing something as you progress, and giving you gear with better stats is one way of doing that. And it's escalation… This game is supposed to be Geralt's greatest challenge, so hypothetically, the armor he used to defeat Salamandra is not adequate for this new adventure.
--
..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880
Jabberwocky is offline

Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky's Avatar
True Synaesthete

#27

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 1,081
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Default 

May 27th, 2011, 09:35
Still provides continuity troubles.

In chapter 2, the gear found on regular soldiers are twice the best gear of TW1.

It goes beyond Salamandra to encompass the whole gameworld. Drowners were dispatched by the best silver sword in TW1 while now they resist gear twice as good.

It scales everything up or down.
ChienAboyeur is offline

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

#28

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,172
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher 2 » Anyone using their Witcher 1 save?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:44.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch