Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - Free to Play Until Dec 19th

Redglyph

proud GASP member
DSO Gaming reports that AC: Odyssey is free to play until Sunday.

You can now play Assassin's Creed Odyssey for free until December 19th

Ubisoft has announced that Assassin's Creed Odyssey is free to play this weekend. From today and until December 19th, PC gamers can visit its Ubisoft Connect page, download and play this Assassin's Creed game for free.

Do note that this is a "free to play" and NOT a "free to own" offer. This means that you can only play Assassin's Creed Odyssey for free during this weekend period.

[...]

You can download and start playing from Ubisoft Connect/UPLAY!
More information.

Its til monday 20.12 included
Im already playing it on uplay but its not that entertaining.
On steam will be available in 5 hours.

It is with the naked skins ;)

and see all those grannies in full (un)glory? :biggrin:
Im still on the first island but what puts me off the most, everything looks the same in the environment, maybe it will be different after the first island. Still dont think ill finish it, even Origins which had a more interesting area got me bored near the end. Too much mmo shit in the game.

Even free isn't enough to lure me anywhere near Ubijunk. Some of the games have looked fairly interesting at a distance, and I did watch a friend play some of one back when I lived in Canada, though it didn't seem all that good to me.

Even free isn't enough to lure me anywhere near Ubijunk. Some of the games have looked fairly interesting at a distance, and I did watch a friend play some of one back when I lived in Canada, though it didn't seem all that good to me.
I like the idea of visiting a virtual representation of a famous place, like Rome, Paris or Greece. But the game quickly makes its share of filler content felt. At the same time I enjoyed looking around and discovering those maps, it's hard to explain.

I think that Odyssey and Valhalla will be for another life though, I'm not spending more time there.

Odyssey is one of my 5 favorite games of all time (going back to the early 1980s). The open world stuff (questing, exploring, collecting) is good, better than Origins, but what really sets it apart for me is the narrative as well as the setting. I got somewhat tired of Origins and it's not on my top 50 list, but Odyssey is on my top 5. Valhalla is probably near 20 for me, very good but not as good as Odyssey.

This game took me a while to get into. I remember wondering at one point if I would reach the 10 hour mark. And then I went on to play it 77 hours. I thought it was a great game. One of my favourite western AAA games in a long time.

edit: my minor at the University was classics, and I think they did a really good job with their inclusion and implementation of historical greek figures (good Alciabides is a bit over the top, but in general), as well as mythological ones, so that may have added to my enjoyment more than other people's.

This game took me a while to get into. I remember wondering at one point if I would reach the 10 hour mark. And then I went on to play it 77 hours. I thought it was a great game. One of my favourite western AAA games in a long time.

edit: my minor at the University was classics, and I think they did a really good job with their inclusion and implementation of historical greek figures (good Alciabides is a bit over the top, but in general), as well as mythological ones, so that may have added to my enjoyment more than other people's.

do you get to see some gods or any supernatural stuff in the main game (no dlcs)? if so, gonna continue playing

Im still on the first island but what puts me off the most, everything looks the same in the environment, maybe it will be different after the first island.

Get off it ASAP. The rest of the world is beautiful, particularly the water. But yes the mmo style grind is boring and I'm unsure i'll finish it. Bought at 80% discount a month ago, not complaining. All VO is done great and the story is good.

Im still on the first island but what puts me off the most, everything looks the same in the environment, maybe it will be different after the first island. Still dont think ill finish it, even Origins which had a more interesting area got me bored near the end. Too much mmo shit in the game.

The game is repetitive, there's no doubt about that, but that's most Ubisoft games in a nutshell.

I think it looks fantastic though.. especially the landscapes and water, and I like the setting. Unfortunately, I kept experiencing random lockups and eventually gave up trying to play it.

I'd like to return to it at some point. To me, it's way better than earlier AC games.

You could avoid a lot of the "MMO stuff", as you put it, if you do these two things:

Don't clear random enemy zones unless a quest takes you there or you need loot/exp for something specific (like an ability or ship upgrade). You'll do plenty of this sort of thing when doing actual quests

Do not do ANY of the message board/random generated quests. They are by definition generic and repeatable and the game has more than enough bespoke content to sate your need for quests without doing them.

They fucked up something on steam and canceled the free weekend there lol.

do you get to see some gods or any supernatural stuff in the main game (no dlcs)? if so, gonna continue playing

There are some "supernatural" quests, but you need to put in a lot of time and be high level to get to them.
Then it is a question if they are really supernatural or science fiction. While most of the characters in the story see them as supernatural, it is implied that they are something else entirely.

Back
Top Bottom