The SWTOR thread

I read somewhere that you can respec to an entirely new branch, for cartel coins. Maybe I'm mistaken?

You are mistaken I'm afraid. There is nothing about that in the cartel store and I never heard BioWare changed their stance on that (it would have made a lot of noises).

Right now preferred status allows for 6 characters per server. Obviously there are 8 classes.

hmm. looks like I was mistaken, KOTFE add one character slot. But apparently 4.4 (released last week) added 2 slot to everyone (so preferred now have 8), but that might have been tied to the trial of KOTFE first chapter. I can't check because I'm a sub though.

You should have been there a bit earlier, because until a week ago ? the character transfer was only 90 Cartel Coins, if I remember correctly.

Even as a preferred player, you get your monthly share of Cartel Coins … If you save up enough of them, you can buy unlocks with them without having to buy Cartel Coins for real money.

You should monitor the Cartel Market as well, as it often has unannounced, temporary price drops.

Or visit Dulfy, she often has early announcements of such temporary Cartel Market price drops as well.

You are mistaken I'm afraid. There is nothing about that in the cartel store and I never heard BioWare changed their stance on that (it would have made a lot of noises).

Depends.

Into a new Discipline, yes
into a new Advanced class, no.

For a new Discipline within an Advanced Class, you can visit the so called "Skill Mentor" (or a similar name) on the Fleet Station or on the capital plnet.

But apparently 4.4 (released last week) added 2 slot to everyone (so preferred now have 8), but that might have been tied to the trial of KOTFE first chapter. I can't check because I'm a sub though.
You made me launch SWTOR to download the patch and check! I'll inform you.

Preferred players don't actually receive cartel coins monthly. I receive them for security key, it's called Security Key Monthly Grant.

You should have been there a bit earlier, because until a week ago ? the character transfer was only 90 Cartel Coins, if I remember correctly.
It was 90 for ages. And now it's… 1000?! They've got to be kidding me. I better start learning some French. Raising price more than 10 times! Crazy people…

hmm. looks like I was mistaken, KOTFE add one character slot. But apparently 4.4 (released last week) added 2 slot to everyone (so preferred now have 8), but that might have been tied to the trial of KOTFE first chapter. I can't check because I'm a sub though.
And so I checked and I still have 6 character slots per server. *shrugs* So purchasing KOTFE can fix that at least by one character? With such new prices for character transfer I'm not even sure I want to bother. I wanted to sub to get KOTFE later. Do you know when the last chapter is going to be released?

I read the notes for 4.4 patch but didn't see anything suggesting that adding character slots was one of the features of the patch.

And so I checked and I still have 6 character slots per server. *shrugs* So purchasing KOTFE can fix that at least by one character? With such new prices for character transfer I'm not even sure I want to bother. I wanted to sub to get KOTFE later. Do you know when the last chapter is going to be released?

I read the notes for 4.4 patch but didn't see anything suggesting that adding character slots was one of the features of the patch.

You should have 8 active now (with max of 16 with buying 8 more), it wasn't changed in 4.4, but in 4.0 (the first info I saw on the web about it had the wrong patch).

Also, a level 60 character token add another slot, I guess you need to delete the level 60 character after creating it though if you want to start from level 1 (I personally didn't try my KOTFE token yet so that's second hand information from the web, it can't confirm that behavior). The KOTFE chapter 1 trial (for non sub) should grant one free level 60 token and its available until May 30. The catch: you should have received an email to activate the trial if illegible and once you sub you won't get a second free level 60 token. I tried my level 60 token and it didn't change my total active slot.

As for complete release, there is 16 chapters and June is Chapter 14, so by August/September they should all be out unless there is a delay for one of the last twos.

You should have 8 active now (with max of 16 with buying 8 more), it wasn't changed in 4.4, but in 4.0 (the first info I saw on the web about it had the wrong patch).
This is strange, because I have 6 and I can't add any more characters! Just tried. "You've reached the character limit for the server".

Any idea whom to complain to about it? As far as I know, only subs can write in the forum, so Help section is out of reach.

P.S. Btw, can Republic characters pass clothes or anything else to Empire characters via the… dammit, I forgot how it's called, the thing you install in your house? That's what I need, after all, but I vaguely remember that there were some restrictions for characters across different factions. Hopefully I'm wrong.

It was 90 for ages. And now it's… 1000?! They've got to be kidding me. I better start learning some French. Raising price more than 10 times! Crazy people…

Not exactly for ages … but yes, some wre caught unsuspecting … They made it clear at one point, however, that it would rise again.

On the positive side, there don't seem to be regional restrictions for character transfers anymore. At least that's what I've read.

Sometimes, in the GTN people sell additional character slot unlocks, too.

P.S. Btw, can Republic characters pass clothes or anything else to Empire characters via the… dammit, I forgot how it's called, the thing you install in your house? That's what I need, after all, but I vaguely remember that there were some restrictions for characters across different factions. Hopefully I'm wrong.

If it's Legacy Bound gear, then it's no problem. There are Legacy bound vehicles as well, but only as long as you don't actually activate & use them in your inventory.

The other method would be to unlock Cartel Market gear in the Collection.
Full armor sets of the Bronze type cost 60 Cartel Coins to unlock, and Silver 240, I think ...

They made it clear at one point, however, that it would rise again.
I didn't touch the game for four months… It's a shame.

But it makes sense. If they removed 6-character limit, they raise prices for transfers. Except that the limit isn't removed in my case, either it's a glitch or it's removed for new preferred players only.

Ah, the GTN. Prices on GTN for stuff like that are crazy, like 3 millions. Preferred accounts can only store 300 000.

I added a few notes above.

And yes, it's insane that prices on the GTN are that high. The market has become a "subs-only market" now. It's pure capitalism there now.

Elel for issues while F2P/preferred, you can't post in the official SWTOR forum true, but you can post in EA tech help forum for the game. You can also call them.

For more information.

Now though, reading a bit more about it, you get 8 if you unlocked KOTFE only (man their patches are confusing). If you got that email for the trial of chapter 1 activating it should unlock the 2 slots or just wait until you sub you'll get KOTFE and when you drop back preferred you'll have 8 slots.

The other method would be to unlock Cartel Market gear in the Collection.
Full armor sets of the Bronze type cost 60 Cartel Coins to unlock, and Silver 240, I think …

Collection unlocks are a bit more expensive than that for most things. Hell, right now there are items on sales that are less costly to buy in the store than to unlock.

Now though, reading a bit more about it, you get 8 if you unlocked KOTFE only (man their patches are confusing). If you got that email for the trial of chapter 1 activating it should unlock the 2 slots or just wait until you sub you'll get KOTFE and when you drop back preferred you'll have 8 slots.
That explains it! Thanks for figuring that out and telling me.

I didn't apply for trial of chapter 1, I just don't have a character of lvl60 yet. So I guess I'll just sub once KOTFE is all out to get all chapters at once, as well as two more slots for the English server.

I'm going to have to take back my "only play Republic side" comment (although, technically I did play all the classes stories already, heheheh).

Most of the Imp side quests are comic evil level and half the NPCs are just plain crazies, but a Female Sith Warrior (Juggy, I already played the story with a male Marauder) is quite awesome to play.

And here I thought that all female characters I see online are actually female... *shoots herself for being naive*

Cool! Thanks for bringing the news here :)

Most of the Imp side quests are comic evil level and half the NPCs are just plain crazies, but a Female Sith Warrior (Juggy, I already played the story with a male Marauder) is quite awesome to play.

Well, I'm pissed that Bioware never did things liket hat for Rep side. Only boring class stories - apart from the Smuggler, maybe …

Far worst on Rep side is Trooper in my opinion. The only positive side of it is that the squad basically consists of freaks and of outcasts in the end.

Well, I'm pissed that Bioware never did things liket hat for Rep side. Only boring class stories - apart from the Smuggler, maybe …

Far worst on Rep side is Trooper in my opinion. The only positive side of it is that the squad basically consists of freaks and of outcasts in the end.

Thing like what? I was just pointing out how the female VO for the Sith Warrior fitted so well the character I was playing and how the side quests are full of "comic evil" characters. I wasn't talking about companions, the SW companions aren't crazies. Compared to everyone else, they are pretty stable actually.

Having played all the class stories, I find the Trooper the best one personally, it integrate very will with the side quests on planets, you feel like a Republic soldier and the final is awesome. But Kira will forever be my favorite companion (for the record, I never romanced her).

All the stories have issues at different places though, either the presentation, pacing or plot integration.

Guys, do you know where to put items during the transfer to another server? Will inventory be transferred over?

And do I need to actually delete everything from mailbox, outfit designer, etc., or will it just all be reset?

As far as I know, inventory and bank remains the same. Mailbox needs to be cleared out.

Back
Top Bottom