Duke Nukem Forever Being Worked on By Gearbox?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Please God, let it be true!

The studio responsible for Brothers In Arms, Borderlands and Aliens: Colonial Marines is said to have picked up Duke Nukem Forever development where former studio 3D Realms left off, perhaps Duke's best bet for eventual completion.

Duke Nukem Forever, according to sources who wished to remain anonymous, is now in the hands of Gearbox and is planned to be released under the studio's name. Gearbox was outed as the developer of the apparently scrapped Duke Nukem spin-off Duke Begins earlier this year.

Take-Two Interactive still maintains publishing rights to the title, which the company confirmed to Kotaku tonight. (A company spokesperson declined to comment about the status of the Duke Nukem Forever project and whether it is in the works at Gearbox.)

One source indicated that a playable demo of Duke Nukem Forever will be available later this year.

http://kotaku.com/5609770/rumor-borderlands-studio-reviving-duke-nukem-forever

It will never be what it should have been.

I say: let it rest, or at least curtail your expectations.

You're probably right. Then again - do we know what it should have been?

I am a bit ambivalent here. It would be great if it (Like Prey, another long awaited game) was finished, but as you say, most likely the only relation to Duke Nukem Forever will be the name.

Besides, I suppose that when a game is delayed and delayed and ... delayed, there is a reason. Maybe the idea wasn't that good after all.

The old franchise I really would like to be continued is the Heretic/Hexen games. I never played Doom 1/2 more than a few hours. But I loved the H/H games.

UFO
UFO682_414380a.jpg

Ghost
priest_ghost.jpg

Duke Nukem Forever
Duken_nukem_forever.jpg

Duke Nukem backed from death again? I wonder which game engine they are using for the game :biggrin:

You're probably right. Then again - do we know what it should have been?

I am a bit ambivalent here. It would be great if it (Like Prey, another long awaited game) was finished, but as you say, most likely the only relation to Duke Nukem Forever will be the name.

Besides, I suppose that when a game is delayed and delayed and … delayed, there is a reason. Maybe the idea wasn't that good after all.

The old franchise I really would like to be continued is the Heretic/Hexen games. I never played Doom 1/2 more than a few hours. But I loved the H/H games.

Well, it should have been fresh and at the forefront of technology - with creative juices flowing.

Something like this, can really only result in a subpar moneygrab.

Ok, I'm not what you would call an optimist when it comes to this industry - but that's what I think.

Of course it's extremely unlikely that it will live up to its legacy. Still, if it actually does get released, it will be a day 1 purchase for me, just because of how great DN3D was.

If it's true then it's really good news provided they get to use the codebase and assets and don't have to start from scrtach. Gearbox are really competent developers. They do not make my kind of games perhaps, but Borderlands and Brothers in Arms were certainly competently executed.

Back
Top Bottom