HHR visits the deep south!

I am currently in Nashville. I have been in Tennessee in the last few days. I will pass by Manchester (to see the Old stone fort), and then go to Georgia in Atlanta, before coming back to Tennessee and taking a plane back to Canada.

Southerners are very nice and have good moral values. Nashville is a really cool place, though it is clearly way more liberal than the reste of the state. People here though are very blunt and proud, so while I share many of their values concerning freedom and faith, I have a hard time relating to them. I felt much more similar to Australians, who are more mild-mannered and laid back.

I have three major problems though:

1-Car is king here. Not renting one really was a mistake. It is very unfriendly to pedestrians. There is almost no public transportation, and many highways.

2-The sun is really, really strong. In the late morning and afternoon it's unbearable to me. I feel like a vampire.

3-The food is filles with dressings, sauces, salt, and tons of extras. It is MUCH more so than in Canada. For soft drinks, medium is small, large is medium, xtra large is large... and I don't know how to call the rest. Delicious chicken meals though.

In Atlanta now. I found it a bit disappointing to be honest. There isn't that much to do or see here, and many parts are a bit dirty or shady. Still cool and worth at least a look.

There are many more homeless than I expected though. Really sad.

HHR, you should go to Houston or Phoenix in late July. Really pretty weather.

The temp is actually pretty low for this time of the year. Biking after work hasn't been bad at all yet.

Back
Top Bottom