Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Review

Wait, you finished the game in 10/12 hours?
Why didn't you say it's that short?!

No, I said I've now just finished it (in around 50 hours but I cheated quit a lot especialy to be able to run all the time and cast spells with no waiting time, which helps a lot) but then I was talking of my first opinion that I had given here a few days defore when I was only at 10/12 hours. Sorry I'm not English so I'm not always clear enough.

You get it automatically. Anyone complaining on this version about lack of fast travel simply hasn't played it or paid zero attention to anything going on in the game..

No, according to some other posts it seems that you only get it automaticaly IF you played the first episode and kept your savegame.
Of course, it's nearly impossible if you're playing on PC since the first version was never released on PC. But it seems it's not totaly impossible : There is a tool which allows to convert a console savegame into a PC one.

No, according to some other posts it seems that you only get it automaticaly IF you played the first episode and kept your savegame.
Of course, it's nearly impossible if you're playing on PC since the first version was never released on PC. But it seems it's not totaly impossible : There is a tool which allows to convert a console savegame into a PC one.

huh? I got the eternal ferrystone once I reached Gran Soren and that is the first time I ever play the game.

I also believe I saw that the Black Cat sell it as well.

huh? I got the eternal ferrystone once I reached Gran Soren and that is the first time I ever play the game.

He's not making much sense. In the very original game for consoles, there wasn't an eternal ferrystone, but that matters to practically no one today. Play the PC port which comes with the expansion and all DLC and you've got your stone.

NO. There is so much confusion, partly the fault of Capcom for making the Steam game description say "The next exciting chapter in the Dragon’s Dogma franchise delivering a huge..."

NO. There is no other chapter. There is only one game. Dragon's Dogma came out in 2012. The repackaged Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen came out in 2013, which INCLUDED the entire base game plus the "next chapter" Bitterblack Isle expansion. On consoles, only those who had a prior save from the 2012 game could get the Eternal Ferrystone in 2013's Dark Arisen.

In 2016 the PC version is the COMPLETE Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. There's no other game. So everyone, all PC users, get the Eternal Ferrystone for free at the start, in their storage.

That is all. Stupid Capcom for saying this is the "next chapter" leading people to wait to play it until they play the "first chapter" which again doesn't exist since this PC release contains 100% of the Dragon's Dogma content ever released...(do not mention that horrible MMO...it isn't canon...it's just a lame Asian F2P MMO). :)

Well, "Once I reached Gran Soren" is not what you said : You said you got it from the beginning. The only way to get it from the beginning (from minute 1 of gameplay) is to have done the first game on console and have kept your savegame. In that case, the devs reward you by giving you the stone from the beginning (it's not an inventory transfert from your first character, it's a reward to players who did the first game).
Then, the other possibility to get the stone is to do a quest in Gran Soren BUT you don't reach Gran Soren before more or less 10 hours (you first need to kill a "little beast" to open the way castle gate, which requires that you first grow some muscle/levels). So it's not what I would call "from the beginning".
Yes the Black Cat sell them as well but it's expensive with all the teleportations you need to do.

Last edited:
In 2016 the PC version is the COMPLETE Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. There's no other game. So everyone, all PC users, get the Eternal Ferrystone for free at the start, in their storage.

Sorry but are you sure that all PC User should get it ?
I ask because I'm on PC and didn't get it (unless I get it and accidentaly throw or sold it) in my inventory at the beginning.
I must say that I haven't bought my version on Steam but on a website where you can buy cheaper (like half price) Steam keys ... I wonder if what I bought could not have been so cheap because it's a version of the game that was sold without the stone ?

Sorry but are you sure that all PC User should get it ?
I ask because I'm on PC and didn't get it (unless I get it and accidentaly throw or sold it) in my inventory at the beginning.
I'm 100% sure. There is no question. It doesn't come in your personal inventory, but it comes in the Gran Soren Inn Storage. Item Storage isn't explained very well, but you need to get to Gran Soren, go to the Inn, then talk to the Innkeeper and pick Withdraw items. Then find the Eternal Ferrystone under Tools.

Everyone gets it 100% of the time on PC.

I'm 100% sure. There is no question. It doesn't come in your personal inventory, but it comes in the Gran Soren Inn Storage. Item Storage isn't explained very well, but you need to get to Gran Soren, go to the Inn, then talk to the Innkeeper and pick Withdraw items. Then find the Eternal Ferrystone under Tools.

Great news, thanks for the help (it would have saved me some hours of running on the roads if I hadn't missed that).

Last edited:

So, Brumbek. Is this game worth getting? ;)

Is exploring every area worth it. Are there hidden areas, monsters or items to find?

Is exploring every area worth it. Are there hidden areas, monsters or items to find?

It's like you are just lobbing me these soft balls, waiting for me to hit a home run (sports analogy, I don't get it either!). YES to your question. YES a million times. One of the best things about Dragon's Dogma, what makes my current eighth playthrough of the game worth it, is how much amazing stuff there is to find off the beaten path.

Literally just last night, I went off the path and wondered if there would be anything fun there. Turns out there's several chests, a fun goblin cave, and some places to mine rare resources. This happens CONSTANTLY.

The world/level design in Dogma is so amazingly good because it always rewards you for thinking creatively. Look up and see a pillar…there very well may be a way to climb it and find treasure! Seriously, this game is PACKED with stuff to find when exploring.

So, Brumbek. Is this game worth getting? ;)

I'll gladly take the bait!!! I'd say so! I mean, it's one of the best games ever…I'm clearly obsessed with it. People often wondered if I was even capable of love, but Dogma has taught me how to feel, to live, to love, to laugh (by throwing pawns off cliffs).

I think he's undecided…….

I'm undecided on whether this game is best EVAR or best ever! Both are true, but sometimes people don't believe me when I hype it up so much. So many people have been hurt and are jaded…they just don't believe Dogma could be such a pure, charming, life-affirming experience!

It's like you are just lobbing me these soft balls, waiting for me to hit a home run (sports analogy, I don't get it either!). YES to your question. YES a million times. One of the best things about Dragon's Dogma, what makes my current eighth playthrough of the game worth it, is how much amazing stuff there is to find off the beaten path.

Literally just last night, I went off the path and wondered if there would be anything fun there. Turns out there's several chests, a fun goblin cave, and some places to mine rare resources. This happens CONSTANTLY.

The world/level design in Dogma is so amazingly good because it always rewards you for thinking creatively. Look up and see a pillar…there very well may be a way to climb it and find treasure! Seriously, this game is PACKED with stuff to find when exploring.

That's great news. Rewarding exploration is a big draw for me and one of the reasons I love the souls games.

Got some time off this weekend so I'll be checking it out. Assassin all the way for me I think.

Not only it is good but it is cheap too, so really, you should get it.

True! If it was priced at its true value it would cost about 1.5 trillion dollars. Yeah, IT'S THAT GOOD.

I'm on my second playthrough again and I just can't help doing all the quests again because the game is just so fun! This is the sign of a brilliant game when I've done things 8 times before but still do it again because FUN!

True! If it was priced at its true value it would cost about 1.5 trillion dollars. Yeah, IT'S THAT GOOD.

I'm on my second playthrough again and I just can't help doing all the quests again because the game is just so fun! This is the sign of a brilliant game when I've done things 8 times before but still do it again because FUN!

Whats your second favorite game Brumbek?

Dark Arisen: Dragon's Dogma

Back
Top Bottom