Kingmaker - Review @ Gamebanshee

Yep, P:K should have gone to EA.

Yeah agree. It's still a good game but could have been a lot better. I'm really hoping future patches and DLCs will improve the game more, especially the later 2 chapters.

I don't doubt that they learned a great deal from the launch, and the weeks following. I really hope the game makes enough to warrant another in the future, even though I've not finished it yet, the fifteen or so hours I put into the first two chapters made it quite clear that they've got talent.

Boycotting a niche game by a small developer will probably have little to no impact on the industry. Other than putting a small developer out of business. Since I want to play the kind of game thier making this would not be a very good courses of action.

You want to make an impact? Organize a few million gamers and boycott one of the many buggy AAA games. Being very vocal that you’re boycotting because of bugs.

I want to play the kind of games Owlcat is making. So I want to support them and see them be successful. Boycotting or buying at a much reduce rate is more likely to send the message that games in this niche market aren’t worth making rather than the message to not make buggy games.

It sucks that the game is buggy but judging by the 9GB patch I’m guessing they know and that common sense tells them customers don’t like bugs. As long as they continue to support the game I’m willing to give them some leeway this time. If they release a second game that’s a buggy mess then I may have to rethink my stance.
If you wrote this post before 2012 you could have just replaced Owlcat with Obsidian and it would have worked perfectly :D
Also Obsidian never really learned on how to release a game without a lot of bugs, just that bugs they release with are less gamebreaking :)

Back
Top Bottom