Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Alpha Test Results

After having seen Kingmaker, I'm having doubts that Wrath of the Righthanded will be an improvement..

Am I misremembering or did they confirm that this one will have turn based mode from launch?

That's amazing re-news. Day one purchase confirmed! :thumbsup:

Now only one gripe to satisfy, which is not Owlcat's fault necessarily - make these crpgs less buff-based. I TIRE of spending 3 minutes buffing for a 15 second fight, especially the closer you get to the endgame, the worse it gets. Especially jarring when you have these "random encounters" in the middle of the road that are isolated and 4-8 hours from anything else that will happen to your party, so any buffs you use are essentially just for that one fight. Hopefully they'll balance those encounters to not need buffs to be tackled most of the time.

That's amazing re-news. Day one purchase confirmed!

Now only one gripe to satisfy, which is not Owlcat's fault necessarily - make these crpgs less buff-based. I TIRE of spending 3 minutes buffing for a 15 second fight, especially the closer you get to the endgame, the worse it gets. Especially jarring when you have these "random encounters" in the middle of the road that are isolated and 4-8 hours from anything else that will happen to your party, so any buffs you use are essentially just for that one fight. Hopefully they'll balance those encounters to not need buffs to be tackled most of the time.
Yeah, the buffing is boring, except when the normal buffs aren't enough. Then it becomes a bit more interesting to try to figure out what works in that specific fight.

In kingmaker I tried to deal with the boredom by having two saves before bigger fights: one pre-buffs and one post-buffs.

In kingmaker I tried to deal with the boredom by having two saves before bigger fights: one pre-buffs and one post-buffs.
Haha, in the tougher fights I had: before spell selection, after rest (pre-buff), post-buff and sometimes an additional quicksave that I did post regular buffs but before short buffs like Haste.

Haha, in the tougher fights I had: before spell selection, after rest (pre-buff), post-buff and sometimes an additional quicksave that I did post regular buffs but before short buffs like Haste.
Haha, yeah. Lots of saves were required and I also saved before the short buffs :D

I just noticed that in their spreadsheet they had the request of a "prebuff tool" which I think would have made it possible to have stored buff selections and yoku would be able to cast them with a single click. Unfortunately they're not going to implement it. That would have really been an innovative feature from which all D20 based games would tremendously profit. Let's see who'll get it first.

Never had a problem with Cut-scenes in games. I only hate them when a game is more then half cut-scenes over other game-play. Nice to have the option to ship them though.

Back
Top Bottom