Torment:ToN - Interview @ RPGCodex

This thread is a good example of how some people will simply see what they want to see, even when there's not much actually there. :)

Pardon my ignorance, what is HBS?

Any reasonable person would agree with this. But that's the nature of this particular "vocal minority." Some want to see games and developers crash and burn and they cheer that on. Sometimes it's not even game-related, but has something to do with some background drama.

And people with opposing opinion were just as vocal - so I disagree with the "vocal majority" :p Also, the whole SoD was not just about that one character or one line "SJW" issue. Generally, writing was pretty garbage in SoD from what I've seen, SJW things were just an example that sticks out the most.

This thread is a good example of how some people will simply see what they want to see, even when there's not much actually there. :)

And that applies to you as well.

Eh, why doesn't no one call me hon ( not even any gf, when I think about it)?

Didn't play their EXP, but wasn't Shar Teel in the same line? Had some funny ideas about men, in general. ;)

"A negative game review should be classed as terrorism"

:rotfl:

That is pure gold. You know ... because this world doesn't have enough real world problems without those terrorists influencing steam ratings.
Damn you Bin Laden! What have you done!!

Fluent the proto-Fanboy extraordinaire :D

for every critical review , Fluent chugs out ten of his 10/10 reviews :p

like the famous "PoE opinion article" I sadly remember :D

for every critical review , Fluent chugs out ten of his 10/10 reviews :p

like the famous "PoE opinion article" I sadly remember :D
I haven't ever figured out what the exact formula is, but I'm pretty sure you have to perform some division and/or subtraction on any Fluent score to get the "regular person" score for any given game. I don't think he's shilling per se, so I guess he's just the world's biggest "glass half full" person. Either that, or he has the world's lowest quality bar.

Probably the most amusing example of this to me was the infamous Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny HD debacle. An unfinished remake of an early 90's game, featuring graphics that would have been awful even in the late 90's, sold years before it could have possibly been complete…basically, at the time it went on sale, a scam. Fluent gave it 3 stars out of 5, with a side note saying it'd be an "easy" 4 out of 5 once "fully patched". Meanwhile, the Codex's review had this to say:
I’ll be honest here, I didn’t finish this abomination. I’ve got a pretty high resistance for shovelware shitgames as long as I can get some laughs out of them. But when it came to this “game”, I simply had to surrender after about 11 hours of playing, or I would risk throwing myself out of the window in desperation. And besides, I figured finishing the game wouldn’t even matter that much because I knew what to expect from later stages in the context of it being a “total remake” (and seriously, anyone who would expect it to magically get better after this time would be a lunatic).

If there was anything listed in this review that you found even slightly positive, I can only tell you one thing. Don’t get this game. Don’t play it, don’t buy it and don’t talk about it because it doesn’t deserve anything other than a kick down a cliff. If there were any positive sides to this garbage, they are only there because they were already there in the original Realms of Arkania from 1992. There is not even the slightest reason to pick this “remake” over the original, and there is even less reason to give any money to the shameless and inept idiots who have brought this upon mankind.

The game also has an 18 on Metacritic, one of the lowest scores ever achieved by any game.

Last edited:
The game also has an 18 on Metacritic, one of the lowest scores ever achieved by any game.

Damn, I didn't know any of this.
I own the game but haven't played it yet. Lame.

I would have given it a 3/10 prior to patching and maybe a 6/10 if feeling generous after patching. Meanwhile I would rate the original a 9/10 and it is one of my favourites of all time. I own 2 original boxed copies of it.

There is zero reason to play the remake instead of the original at this point in time but that may change if Star Trail turns out to be a better game - but even then the recommendation would just be so that you could transfer characters through to it.

Back
Top Bottom