Interstellar Space: Genesis - Released

While multiplayer mode can ruin other genres, I think in strategy a multiplayer mode usually makes games better. At least if multiplayer is in it's core.

The reason for that is that it needs better balancing and game mechanics to work.

And I think Civilization is actually a great example. Even though it has a multiplayer mode, it is not a multiplayer game in it's core. If it was, it would work better.

But because the game mechanics are now either catering directly to the player, the game will just become "un-fun" if you are looking for a challenging experience.

The best example is Civ 5 and it's Culture and Diplomacy Vicotry, which the AI cannot win and which will break multiplayer games (if you know what you are doing). So it feels like using a cheat in Singleplayer and you need houserules to avoid it in multiplayer. If this game was designed with multiplayer in mind right away, something like that should not have happened and would become more fun.

Jesus, and here I thought you guys would be talking about the game so I could get some insight....

We probably would have been, if it was multiplayer ;)

That said, I think there's plenty to read about it on Steam.

Wait, is Dart gone AGAIN?

Dart needs to learn how to pace himself better. :p

And why are his posts suddenly in spoiler tags? Strange stuff.

I saw some long-winded discussion that might triggered it, but he should just not react if he doesn't feel like it, take a one day break, etc. Afraid to say, while it doesnt affect me in the slightest, I'm getting a bit tired of this on-off relationship with the watch. Probably because I don't read all posts and are often clueless of the reason.

Back
Top Bottom