Wasteland Remastered - Launch Day

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wasteland Remastered will release today on GOG, Steam, Microsoft Store, Xbox One.

Originally released in 1988, Wasteland brought the post-apocalypse to video games and inspired a genre. Play one of history's defining RPGs with completely overhauled graphics, sound, and expanded musical score.

The year is 2087, nearly a century after an all-out nuclear war turned vast swaths of the Earth into a radioactive hellscape. You are a Desert Ranger, a band of stalwart lawmen who are the only hope left in what was once the American southwest, and good people's last defense against hunger, sickness, ravaging raiders, and mutants.

Now something more secretive and sinister is menacing humanity, and it's your job to investigate. Recruit help and follow leads--the choices you make will shape the world around you. Choose wisely, your life and the lives of those you're sworn to protect depend on it.

Features:

• Wasteland Remastered retains the spirit of the original game while updating visuals and audio.
  • The original game's physical storybook is available in-game, fully illustrated and with full voice over.
  • An expanded musical score from the "Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic" release.
  • Old bugs that have been around since Reagan was president have been fixed.
  • Survive the apocalypse from the comfort of your couch with game controller support.
  • Quality of life improvements that make the post-apocalypse a little friendlier.
More information.

Sweet, they made it look a bit like a tabletop game. Will be getting this. KROME studios did a great job on the Bard's Tale remakes.

Good news, will definitely check this out.
Any news on a possible Switch port?

Nice. Is anyone here aware if Wasteland 2/3 backers will get that for free (like its Bard's Tale equivalent) or not?

No. Wasteland 2/3 backers will not get it and it has been confirmed in the Steam forums by the devs. I think it is reasonable given it is a full remake.

The image of my lonely character being repeatedly owned by a rat at the beginning of the original game is indelibly etched on my brain.

I'm Returning Wasteland Remastered if GOG will let me.

Played the original WL1 on a Apple clone in 1988, WL1 (1988) has better controls than the Wasteland Remastered (2020). A Remaster should be "Better" then the original, and in this case Fargo just hired some whelp to code WL1 with nauseating graphic and a menu system that is worse then WL1.

WLremastered is NOT "better" then the original, play WL1 it's more fun.

Fountain of Dreams was fun-I'd agree.

I would have only got this if there was big improvement on the combat

This game was never any good. It was aged when it first came out. A bad Ultima clone. Any of the big 5 RPG franchises was a better value for your buck.

It's a pain the way you have to use skills and attributes in this remaster. Don't think I have the patience for this anymore.

I would have only got this if there was big improvement on the combat

This game was never any good. It was aged when it first came out. A bad Ultima clone. Any of the big 5 RPG franchises was a better value for your buck.

I really enjoyed Wasteland when it was released. First non fantasy crpg I played.

Back
Top Bottom