Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain - Available on GOG

Redglyph

proud GASP member
@shamroxor; has seen that GOG was bringing back a few classics for its 13th anniversary, including Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain.

JOIN GOG'S 2021 ANNIVERSARY PARTY!

Let's celebrate GOG's 13th anniversary with a special birthday party full of gaming deals, exciting releases, and collections of titles recommended by the members of our team!

Here are some details about the guests attending our anniversary party:

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain (-10%) - a once-forgotten classic, now back on modern PCs, giving you a unique chance to experience the beginning of the Nosgoth saga once more!! Before playing, be sure to check out our article about the game.

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (-10%) and Elvira II: The Jaws of Cerberus (-10%) - this vintage scare combo of games from the cult horror series is coming back to give you chills of excitement.

Over 100 cool gaming deals with discounts reaching 90%, all ready to help you get into the festive mood. Moreover, we have 13 game collections with engaging titles recommended by members of our team!

Don't hesitate and make sure to join us in the celebration before GOG's special Anniversary Party and all of its discounts end on 6th October 2021, at 1 PM UTC.

------------------​

One of the darkest games of all time, Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain for the PC takes gamers on an epic quest through a gothic universe fraught with murder, magic and vengeance.

Accentuated with cinema-quality voice-overs, dynamic lighting effects and more than 25 minutes of stunning full-motion-video footage, Legacy of Kain features an engrossing storyline that invites gamers to embark on a journey through an expansive world containing more than 100 hours of intense, blood-sucking, spell-casting gameplay.
Thanks shamroxor!

More information.

Oh my, I played all three of those games back at releases, not sure I'd enjoy any of them that much now, the Elvira games were also pretty hilarious. In any case, nice of great old games to make these available for all fans, classic and new.

Oh my, I played all three of those games back at releases, not sure I'd enjoy any of them that much now, the Elvira games were also pretty hilarious. In any case, nice of great old games to make these available for all fans, classic and new.

IMO, they hold up decent enough if you can get the PC versions to work with a controller and stuff. The storytelling and voice acting certainly does.

..Weird, I thought they alteady had it on.
The majority of the series has been allowed for purchase but it's the first time in around 20 years the first is available. This was the one which most interested me; a top down adventure unlike the rest. It was put up on abandonware sites then taken down years ago but nothing was done about it until now; it gives some hope that other 'forgotten' games might emerge from limbo.

Yes indeed, this is the greatest strength of great old games, the sheer ability to bring these games back to people that enjoyed them at release, as well as making them available for, perhaps, a newer audience. A complete win-win, imo, for us as the customers, and for the business side, also.

The idea of a top-down "Zelda" like game for the PC is appealing, actually. I'll check this out. I never had the chance to play Legacy of Kain. Or the Elvira games.

And it's October, the spooky month, so I might as well get in the mood.

Back
Top Bottom