Stones of the Ancients - Now on Steam Greenlight

RPG are serious business, they require CIA level investigation now before any reviews.

I don't mind playing whack-a-mole with these loonies.

2caf2365735313fcf3477356e67b3b20.jpg

The thing is these guys seems to have some "talent" making this kind of games so why do they keep on stealing stuff from other places?

Define "talent". Cave of Sorrows was completely ripped from The Red Hand of Doom, which itself used "borrowed" assets (although from what I understand, The Red Hand of Doom was just supposed to be a fun RPGMaker "module" that wasn't intended to be sold, so using others assets in that regard is okay.) They literally copied the entire game and made it look much, much poorer than the original.

Their other games use very basic, repeating content. You'll find the same Cleric, Karen, in the first 10 minutes of each game, with the same bio description, same looks, same everything. Mines of Grimvale actually seems like it could be alright in some ways, if you can put up with a very rough game, but even then they just repackaged Dungeon Master and it's still a very poor presentation overall. Cave of Sorrows wasn't even a finished game and never will be unless the original dev, Kaelan, works on it again. So they were trying to sell a demo as a full game. Mines of Grimvale is probably the same thing, a demo of one level and then nothing else. And on and on.

Not sure what type of "talent" that is, but if they do have any actual game-making talent I would suggest they try and use it rather than passing off these ridiculous scams. At this point I don't ever see that happening and I expect to see more of these lame attempts to get over.

Back
Top Bottom