11 days to Grimoire release. Yay.

Also

GOLDEN ERA GAMES said:
Originally posted by Paragus:
As a Twitch partner, Im wondering if there is a way one could contact you about the possibility of getting a Steam Key at release?

There is a possibility. You have to pay $40. It's a secret way to get a Steam Key.

The only people getting Steam keys are all IndieGoGo backers and some close associates. All others pay full fare … minus the 10% discount on opening day if you're smart.

He's announcing a 10% discount on first day purchase. That's front page newsworthy!

You musn't make the mistake of taking this farce even slightly seriously. Everyone, except for a handful of Clevian cultists and some 4chan trolls, knows what's going on here. Just have fun with it, and never, ever give Cleve any money.

You know this reminds me of? Fallout fans when Bethesda announced they bought the franchise.

If it is actually finished, is there any reason why he couldn't just release it immediately?

If he were telling the truth there would be absolutely no reason not to release the game immediately. But Cleve almost never tells the truth.

So very…VERY sick of this guy!! I have almost dedicated my whole YouTube channel to unmasking this imposter!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw5_NJvgpvNF3WDEL2vvnA
Um... you might want to re-evaluate your life goals. You're hardly going to make a dent in the armour of someone as insane and arseholish as Cleve.
Also, I'm not certain you're cut out for this. You didn't seem to be aware what "necroing" a thread means? You made fun of his use of a non-US date format? Seriously? Weak.
Put your efforts in a more positive direction, you'll thank yourself later.

Yeah most everyone knows that Cleve is full of it at this point, there isn't much left to be said on the topic. Most about the people talking about the "incline" at this point are just making fun of him, and the few actual supporters left over are unlikely to be convinced by anything at this point.

Hey Malifax, I agree with the others here that "unmasking" Cleve isn't really a worthwhile goal.
I checked out the rest of your channel though. More videos on forgotten classic c64 RPGs would be very welcome! :) I never get tired of watching that stuff.

If he were telling the truth there would be absolutely no reason not to release the game immediately…

I'm not defending mr Blackmore (thank God!), but: I would think that releasing the game also depends on Steam and the powers behind, that after receiving the pos (piece of software), they need to do some checks/other preparations before the incline (I'm not sure about the meaning of that word in this context, seems to be more than just a slope).

Right? BS?

pibbur who is certain that he not necessarily knows what he's talking about.

PS.
I notice that if the game is released as promised this time, it will coincide with the release of the Mordor expansion for Lord of the Rings On Line. I think I'll will stick to the MMO. I assume that some watchers will disagree with my priorities.

Joxer?
DS.

Last edited:
I'm not defending mr Blackmore (thank God!), but: I would think that releasing the game also depends on Steam and the powers behind, that after receiving the pos

Cleve says he's uploaded the package to Steam. He previously said he wouldn't set a new release date until it had been uploaded and approved, so... We'll see on the 1st August (or 2nd in my territory).

I'm not defending mr Blackmore (thank God!), but: I would think that releasing the game also depends on Steam and the powers behind, that after receiving the pos (piece of software), they need to do some checks/other preparations before the incline (I'm not sure about the meaning of that word in this context, seems to be more than just a slope).

(EDIT - It seems that SteamDB may not be showing uploaded file records for unreleased games, so can't necessarily draw any conclusions from that.)

If we were dealing with an entity that weren't Cleve, I wouldn't have any trouble with a dev saying "we've submitted it, and it'll release as soon as Steam approves it." Mind you, given the quality levels on Steam, I think that unless a game immediately encrypts the hard drive and demands some bitcoin, it gets the Steam stamp of approval after approximately thirty seconds.

Last edited:
If we were dealing with an entity that weren't Cleve, I wouldn't have any trouble with a dev saying "we've submitted it, and it'll release as soon as Steam approves it."

Cleve says:

I uploaded the package to 650672 about an hour before I changed the release date. Steam is prompting me on my store admin to go live anytime I am ready.

Pretty unambiguous there. Yes, Cleve is prone to exaggeration, but the barriers to release appear to be gone.

Cleve says:

I uploaded the package to 650672 about an hour before I changed the release date. Steam is prompting me on my store admin to go live anytime I am ready.

Pretty unambiguous there. Yes, Cleve is prone to exaggeration, but the barriers to release appear to be gone.

"During Steams review process they discovered a game-breaking bug. Its completely my fault, when transitioning for steam support I copied libraries from database Herc to excel and back and the checksum math was lost. Give me a couple days to fix it. I'll work 41 hours a day till its ready."

Not real but very believable.

Cleve says:

Your argument is simply unanswerable. I shall now await its imminent release, along with all other rational humans.

Last edited:
Cleve says:

My mind keeps going back to a different unambiguous statement made by a different individual; namely, the well known Phineas Taylor "P. T." Barnum, who coined the phrase:

"There's a sucker born every minute"

__

One thing I am curious about, in general - when should information about uploaded applications show up on SteamDB? It seems that for other games there is a "depot" section, which is what shows the actual application files and updates as they are uploaded. But, in Grimoire's case, this whole section is absent.

I wonder, does this mean that no files at all have been uploaded and approved by Steam yet? Do you not have to submit an actual build in order to get a store page?

If I've said it a million times on the course of this project, I'll simply repeat myself: Folks, tis time to continue to lower your expectations!

Back
Top Bottom